Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

find work with a 1 ton dually dump truck ?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by R72K5, Jul 8, 2003.

1. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

does anyone think that if they had a 1 ton dually dump truck with 9 foot dump bed that they could make any money/find any work with it ?
    im debating on getting one thats for sale cheap because the 350 engine is blown up in it, 200 bucks cheap,

what does anyone think ?

2. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

For $200.00 plus a motor, I don't think you could hurt your pocket book. Hell, just run a add in the paper and I'm sure it'd more then pay for it's self in a summer.

3. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

just trying to think of what all i could use it for to make any cash maybe, gravel, dirt, roofing, farmers, anyone got any ideas ? all those things exist around here, oh and tree cutters but 1 ton is kinda small of a bed fo rthat they all have old chevy C60's around here for that, i watched a 69 one roll over and burn up completely at a golf course here, stupid ppl/..... it was nice clean old 60 truck..

4. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

Run an add in the local paper for hauling away yard debris, hauling gravel, and possibly snow plowing in the winter even... With a truck that size you would want to aim for helping homeowners, small contractors, etc.

5. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

!!!!!!!!

i just got in contact with a gyu who has a really nice 1953 5300 series 12 foto dump truck runs good 89,000 miles and he only wants 500 for it!

im gonna go check it out hopefully in a bit, its out of city limits out in country

6. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

You should get a truck like that, then haul parts for people here on the site. Charge less than what it would be to ship truck freight. You could haul engine parts and misc. stuff from here to people out west, and come back with rust-free body parts to drop off here and the east coast /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

[ QUOTE ]
    You could haul engine parts and misc. stuff from here to people out west, and come back with rust-free body parts to drop off here and the east coast /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
    That would require a truck that is very reliable. Otherwise it would quickly turn into a nighmare being stranded in the middle of BFE with a broken down rig.

Hauling stuff locally he could always call a friend for a ride home and get his tools/spare parts, etc. I would not trust a $500 truck to run cross country until I have had it a while and got to know it well. Although, in the past I have bought a $600 truck and made a parts run from Oregon to Illinois 2 weeks later hauling rust free parts /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif I just made a lot of contacts along my route in case of trouble.

8. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

this truck runs GREAT, its got brand new tires and everything, not even hardly got any rust cept for a small spot on front fender arch and a little on pass side floor a little bit through but damn clean for IL, its mechanically perfect, everything works on the entire truck including all turn signals and all, its got an old 235 and SM420 in it and 2 speed rear eaton axle
    even the split style wiindshield is perfect shape

500 bucks............. steal....... the one good thing about midwest... olf farmers keep old stuff usually, and keep it all nice and stored away in sheds... !

top speed is 45 in it, thats how antique old big trucks were geared hehe, you couldnt drive it across the country anyways, but damn it wouldl work for around here for now

damn...

i think the badges on it say 6400 on the fenders/cowl, or at least 6ooo-something, it is 16,000 GVW and 7200 empty weight, thats absolute heaviest you can drive on a normal driver's license ! hah

9. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Now you know we want too see pictures of the old beast. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

10. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    Now you know we want too see pictures of the old beast. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

hopefully if i can get the truckt in the next day or two then i will get pics for sure /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif all depends....

lol at your signature hehe /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

11. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

Get it tomorrow so we can see it when we swing by Thursday!!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

12. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    Get it tomorrow so we can see it when we swing by Thursday!!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

i can try but thats tomorrow, hmm...

here what the truck is exactly liek except is dark green: http://www.cars-on-line.com/50chev4653.html
    easily worth as much as that orange one is selling for

catch y'all tomorrow it looks like ! have safe trip, you have directions and my number and all that ?

13. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

Yep, got your house and phone #. See ya tomorrow.

14. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

cool deal, hopefully it wont rain on the parade tommorrow!
    hehe
    have safe trip! /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif