Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

fine tuning NOS on tuneported 383

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by doonjumper, Feb 24, 2002.

1. doonjumper

doonjumper 1/2 ton status

Has any one had any experince with putting a NOS kit on a tuneported 383. If so what size jets did you use. The kit comes with .70 NOS and .53 fuel jetting for 150 Hp. That is based on factory fuel pumps that dip into the 28lbs. range under hard acceleration.I think they send large jets to compensate for the lose of factory fuel pressure. I have an aftermarket pump which is set to 45lbs. and does not dip at all. When the NOS is applied the engine bogges heavily. The NOS is flowing. I think that its getting to much fuel due to the fact that the fuel pressure is not dropping and NOS sent these specific jets for a factory fuel pump which drops psi under acceleration. Does this make sense? I just want some second opinions. I'll call NOS tomorrow to be sure.

[image]http://www.paceparts.com/images/smily1.gif[/image]

2. NITRO

NITRO 1/2 ton status

Hey, the bast thing to do would be to call whoever you purchased the kit from. This stuff isnt exactly the stuff u want to be messin with unles u have experience. Its where i got my name. Just let the pros handle it.

NITRO

3. m j

m j 1/2 ton status

my car jumped like a scared rabbit on the bottle.
    bog seems like no n2o. even after purging the lines it bogs?

formerly 77chev
    still a jerk though

4. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

5. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

You don't want to make guesses when your engine is snorting laughing gas. If it leans out too much, you get about 3 seconds or so before the tops of the pistons become ventilated. It's a very ugly sight. [​IMG] When it's working right, it's incredibly fun stuff. But I've also seen it turn a nice engine into a smoldering pile of molten metal in a single 1/4-mile run. Call the folks that made your nitrous kit and ask them what they recommend for your particular configuration. They should know how to make sure that you err on the side of caution... [​IMG]

<font color=black>HarryH3 - '75 K5</font color=black>
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.angelfire.com/super/ThunderTruck>www.angelfire.com/super/ThunderTruck</a>
    It's a great day to be alive...