Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

F'ing US Army!!!!!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by SkulzNBonz, Sep 26, 2003.

1. SkulzNBonz

SkulzNBonz 1/2 ton status

F\'ing US Army!!!!!

My nephew, who is in the 101'st Airborne, is on his way back from Iraq...minus a leg!!! I apologize to Army vet's up front, but it seems like everytime they get into "guerilla warfare", they don't their heads from their asses. Examples-Somalia 1993 (Blackhawk Down), Jessica Lynch and her ordeal, and now an average of two Americans dieing everyday in Iraq, plus many more wounded. I believe that the operation in Iraq is just, but I certainly don't believe in the leadership or qualifications of those there w/ the mission assignment. Need a bigger hammer to beat those SOB's into submission, 'cause the "we are here to help" philosophy sure as [darn] ain't workin'!! Thanks for letting me blow off steam.

John

2. rick88blaze

rick88blaze 1/2 ton status

Re: F\'ing US Army!!!!!

I'm not trying to start a fight here or anything like it, but, one thing that i tell people that bad mouth the military anytime some gets killed or injured is this: 100% of our U.S. military men and womeen are volunteers. there is no draft anymore, no one twisted my arm and made me join the military. I volunteered for it. So did every one i work with. So don't complain about the military every time someone dies, or gets injured. those individuals that die or get injured volunteered for the job they are doing. So they must have had some idea what they were getting into when they raised their right arm and swore to protect our country and it's ways. If they didn't know, that's their own damn fault. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

3. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

the only reason we have issues with guerilla warfare is that we are too nice and have too many rules. There really isnt a humane way to defeat a fanatical enemy that can blend into a local population. Its gonna take some unwarranted arrests, some torture, some executions, definitely lots of collateral damage etc etc etc. Messy way to fight a war an the army isnt particularly good at it. IMO, we should pull the army back into heavily fortified basecamps (to be used as heavy reaction forces) and let Marine grunts take care of patrolling city streets etc. The Black Hawk Down ambush is notable because the rebels didnt do jack while the Marines were there... once they left and the army took over they struck as quickly as they could. Guess they rememeber Hue.

in any event, if there is any truth to the reports that fanatical terrorist types are rushing to Iraq to fight the infadel as quickly as they can, then its worth being there. So long as terrorists are planning/attacking our forces there, they aren't planning/attacking our civilians here. We want these guys to engage us over there, our troops are trained and armed to fight/kill... our civilians aren't. Ive said it a hundred times, I'd trade 6000 marines for the 3000 people that died in the WTC any day of the week and twice on sunday. Fighting the enemy is what the military is there for, they fight so that the defenseless don't have too. When I was Marine infantry I knew the risks, takes courage to be on the point of the spear, but someone has to do it or we're all screwed.

sorry to hear about your nephews leg, that really sucks. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif hope everything turns out ok in the long term.

j

4. SkulzNBonz

No offense, and I'm not bad mouthing the military, just the US Army and it's commanders. I myself was in the first Gulf War and Somalia-USMC infantry. Just seems like everytime the Marines leave and the Army takes over, everything turns to [darn].

John

5. SkulzNBonz

Preach it, brother!

John

6. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Don't forget that the Jessica Lynch story was all bullshit.

7. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    No offense, and I'm not bad mouthing the military, just the US Army and it's commanders. I myself was in the first Gulf War and Somalia-USMC infantry. Just seems like everytime the Marines leave and the Army takes over, everything turns to [darn].

John

[/ QUOTE ]

I think we can attribute this to the differences in missions. About all that I know of the USMC mission is to go in, kick ass and take names and leave. Do you guys actually have any civil action type MOS's? That's the problem with the Army, they are too touchy feely, "win their hearts and minds."

8. TrcksR4ME

TrcksR4ME 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I'm not trying to start a fight here or anything like it, but, one thing that i tell people that bad mouth the military anytime some gets killed or injured is this: 100% of our U.S. military men and womeen are volunteers. there is no draft anymore, no one twisted my arm and made me join the military. I volunteered for it. So did every one i work with. So don't complain about the military every time someone dies, or gets injured. those individuals that die or get injured volunteered for the job they are doing. So they must have had some idea what they were getting into when they raised their right arm and swore to protect our country and it's ways. If they didn't know, that's their own damn fault. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats a good point, its just too bad that these soldiers who are dying and getting injured are doing so in Iraq. I mean really, what could Iraq do to us here in the USA, its sad people have to die over there and we are no better off or more safe than before they went in. I am all for protecting freedom, but when does the line blur between protecting and becoming terrorists ourselves?

9. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

what i am about to say is going to piss a bunch of people off.
    BUT, you being pissed off and getting on here and posting your mind PISSED ME OFF. take none of this persona as i would prolly have the same feelings from yoru stand point.

RANT MODE ON

the US army did not take his leg. he was doing something that he signed up to do and very well knew what COULD(and did happen in this cas, WAR) happen. MORE PEOPLE are hurt/killed/maimed durring peace than there are at most modern wars every year. he lost his leg, was it his fault? maybe. maybe not. can we change this fact? kind of. but he will never be back to 100% what he was. that i am sorry for. he comes back with a purple heart, and a pay check for live with full benifits. its a shitty deal for him. but i still thank him.

AS FOR JESICA LYNCH. FUK THAT WHORE. ANY PERSON WHO GETS A MEDAL FOR NOT DOING HER JOB PROPERLY AND IS SEEN AS A "HERO" CAN DIE. SHE COST THE U.S. A LOT OF MONEY AND TIME IN THE WAR.

RANT MODE OFF.

thats all im going to put in for now. ask me how i really feal about some of this stuff and i will let ya know. jsut make sure im sober. oh, and just so you know where i come from, i am a US Marine. have been for 5 years, got a few more to go and plan on doing a lot more after that. i joke about how useless the other services are, but in the end we all do the same job. we just do it differently.

grant

10. jekbrown

[ QUOTE ]
    Thats a good point, its just too bad that these soldiers who are dying and getting injured are doing so in Iraq. I mean really, what could Iraq do to us here in the USA, its sad people have to die over there and we are no better off or more safe than before they went in.

[/ QUOTE ]

we have three choices when it comes to fighting terrorists. We can do it there, we can do it here, or we can do it everywhere we find them (here and there!). I prefer the later myself... i dont care where they are, I want them hunted to the ends of the earth.

[ QUOTE ]
    I am all for protecting freedom, but when does the line blur between protecting and becoming terrorists ourselves?

[/ QUOTE ]

a fair question. answer...

terrorists: intentionally seeking to further their own beliefs by killing the absolute maximum number of civilians possible.

good guys: intentionally seek to kill the terrorists while minimizing/avoiding civilian casualities as much as possible.

when the US starts doing the former (ie poisoning their water supplies, nuking their cities with cobalt-60-laced nukes, destroying their infrastructure, abducting their civilians etc etc etc), THEN we have become the terrorists. Until that starts happening, we're still the good guys.

j

11. rick88blaze

rick88blaze 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    the US army did not take his leg. he was doing something that he signed up to do and very well knew what COULD(and did happen in this cas, WAR) happen. MORE PEOPLE are hurt/killed/maimed durring peace than there are at most modern wars every year. he lost his leg, was it his fault? maybe. maybe not. can we change this fact? kind of. but he will never be back to 100% what he was. that i am sorry for. he comes back with a purple heart, and a pay check for live with full benifits. its a shitty deal for him. but i still thank him.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree 200% with you on this /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

12. DBLAZER

DBLAZER 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    the only reason we have issues with guerilla warfare is that we are too nice and have too many rules. There really isnt a humane way to defeat a fanatical enemy that can blend into a local population. Its gonna take some unwarranted arrests, some torture, some executions, definitely lots of collateral damage etc etc etc. Messy way to fight a war an the army isnt particularly good at it. IMO, we should pull the army back into heavily fortified basecamps (to be used as heavy reaction forces) and let Marine grunts take care of patrolling city streets etc. The Black Hawk Down ambush is notable because the rebels didnt do jack while the Marines were there... once they left and the army took over they struck as quickly as they could. Guess they rememeber Hue.

in any event, if there is any truth to the reports that fanatical terrorist types are rushing to Iraq to fight the infadel as quickly as they can, then its worth being there. So long as terrorists are planning/attacking our forces there, they aren't planning/attacking our civilians here. We want these guys to engage us over there, our troops are trained and armed to fight/kill... our civilians aren't. Ive said it a hundred times, I'd trade 6000 marines for the 3000 people that died in the WTC any day of the week and twice on sunday. Fighting the enemy is what the military is there for, they fight so that the defenseless don't have too. When I was Marine infantry I knew the risks, takes courage to be on the point of the spear, but someone has to do it or we're all screwed.

sorry to hear about your nephews leg, that really sucks. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif hope everything turns out ok in the long term.

j

[/ QUOTE ]

YES[​IMG]YES [​IMG]YES[​IMG]

Well said.

13. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    let Marine grunts take care of patrolling city streets etc

[/ QUOTE ]
    yes and no. our job as marines, as im sure you already know, is to kick ass, take names, let the other services clean up. i do agree with you on this. but facts show that as soon as our job is "done" we pull out to get some r&r. like i said, i agree this is how it SHOULD be. but it isnt. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif and i do think that oonce all the jar heads are out of the east now then all hell will break loose.
    Grant

14. TrcksR4ME

TrcksR4ME 1/2 ton status

Well here is another question then, because I do not have a problem with fighting terrorists...

Where is the link between Iraq and terrorism? Saddam terrorized his own people, but how is that a threat to us? Osama was/is an enemy of Saddam, and what about Saudi Arabia and terrorism, weren't there many terrorists from there? Iraq is an easy target because Saddam is a bad guy no doubt, but it seems to be more of a muscle flexing contest than something that truely makes us safer. Kicking A$$ is not a bad thing, but shouldn't we make sure we are kicking the right a$$'s?

Also, it seems to me with all the problems we face in our country that even if the war in Iraq was a truely humanitarian effort that now would not be the right time to dedicate so many troops, money and resources.

15. jekbrown

[ QUOTE ]
    Well here is another question then, because I do not have a problem with fighting terrorists...

Where is the link between Iraq and terrorism?

[/ QUOTE ]

saddam bragged about supporting terrorism against Israel. He overtly sent all kinds of $ to terrorists familys etc when they carried out operations intended to kill jewish civies. If thats what he's willing to do overtly, gawd only knows what kind of further support he was giving terrorists on the sly. He also harbored known and convicted terrorists... and there is no possibility that he "just didn't know". I forget the one guys name now, the dude that hijacked a cruise liner and executed a guy in a wheel chair... grrr... damn it, cant remember.. but in any case, that guy was wanted by the western world for years (decades?) and turned up dead in Iraq not to long ago. Safe to say there were others as well, but who knows.

[ QUOTE ]
    Saddam terrorized his own people, but how is that a threat to us?

[/ QUOTE ]

its just my opinion, but its a black eye on "civilized" man when you turn the other cheek to that kind of activity. That really is the only reason the 20th century was so crappy in many places around the globe. While people said "dont affect me man!", millions were killed by the minions of guys like Pol Pot, Hitler, Stalin, Mao, Kim Il Sung, Saddam and other wanna-bes like them. On some levels I agree that every problem in the world is not our problem to solve... and I dont want american men dying all over the place for no good reason. On the other hand, if the oppressed aren't able to protect themselves from these kind of evils... who will?

[ QUOTE ]
    Osama was/is an enemy of Saddam, and what about Saudi Arabia and terrorism, weren't there many terrorists from there?

[/ QUOTE ]

osama pretty much hates any middle eastern leader that doesnt enforce his own kind of strict islamic law. Now that mullah omar isnt in power in afghanistan... that pretty much means that osama hates EVERY middle eastern regime. That said, willing governments can be a great assest to a guy like osama... and many of them hate the west almost as much as he does. Its sorta like with Israel... the arab states dont agree on ANYTHING... except that they hate israel. they can agree on that, and work together to achieve their goals in that area.. even if they really do hate each others guts at the same time. From osama's perspective, Saddam may have been crap... but kicking the infadel out of sacred lands is always a worthy cause... so I have little doubt that he is sending some of his lower level terrorist friends to cause what trouble they can there. AFA Saudi Arabia goes. I firmly believe two things... a) the majority of the ruling family is reasonable and against terrorism of any kind and b) there are a few among them either finance terrorism or look the other way when others do. Obviously b is a problem and we should do everything we can to bust them yahoos. "a" on the other hand is a very good thing. The royal family has power, wealth and oil... none of which they want to lose. Because of this, you can bargain with them. It helps that most of the higher up princes have some degree of western education (oxford etc) so they probably dont see the west as "the great satan" etc that some arab propaganda would have them believe. In any case, i think the 9-11 attackers were selected because they were saudi-born. Osama clearly recognizes the working relationship we have with the saudis (one of the better ones we had over there during the 90s) and wisely decided to use a lot of his saudi terrorists so as to create a rift between them. He no doubt thinks that he can topple the royal family in saudi (eventually) so long as the royals have no direct american military support. How realistic that is I dunno, but based on his other actions it would seem to make sense. If thats the case... us shunning the saudis as allies would fall right into osamas hands, that'd be exactly what he wanted.

[ QUOTE ]
    Also, it seems to me with all the problems we face in our country that even if the war in Iraq was a truely humanitarian effort that now would not be the right time to dedicate so many troops, money and resources.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah i see what you're saying. Only thing is the military isnt really of much use here on US soil. I mean sure national guard at air ports and flying overwatch is one thing... but dropping bombs and blowing crap up is what they do best.. and we can all agree that if anything is gonna get blown up it oughta be somewhere else.

j

16. DBLAZER

DBLAZER 1/2 ton status

Again, well said J.

17. jekbrown

thanks buddy. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif even if we cant agree on the benefits of axle swaps vs axle beefing we can agree on this. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

j

18. DBLAZER

DBLAZER 1/2 ton status

Dude if everyone agreed on everything then what fun would it be.
    Look, this is me:
    [​IMG]

this is you :
    [​IMG]

in the end, us :

[​IMG]

Oh wait, wrong , uhhhh, this is us :
    [​IMG]

AWW CRAP, wrong for real, this is us :
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. k5ntexas

k5ntexas 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

20. jekbrown

lol, serious overuse of smiley faces. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif still funny tho. I like the kick-to-the-jimmy one, thats comedy. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

j