Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Finished Echobit flip, now front sits way too low.

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by MudFrog, Feb 23, 2005.

1. MudFrog

MudFrog 1/2 ton status

Before I did my flip my front bumper was 27" from the ground and the rear was around 29" from the ground (4" block). Well after finishing the flip my front sit's 25.75" and the rear sits 32" off the ground. Needless to say my truck is sloping down :blush: . I have some pretty old 4" superlift softride springs in the front and I'm sure they sag a bit.

Soo... I need to semi level this thing out and I kinda doubt the 1" zero rate will fulfill my quest. I think I'm going to have to bite the bullet and buy some new 6" springs. Anyway I guess my question is has anyone run into this and if so how did you fix it? I know the more lift I add in the front the lower the rear will become but I just don't think 1" will do it. Thoughts?

On another note, the blazer rides awesome now. Nice and smooth. No more terrible axle wrap when I hit the gas.

Scott

2. sapper

sapper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

If you wanted to do the 52" swap it would help, i have a ORD flip and zero rate in the back of mine, when i did the 52s i had a zero under them that had to come out because the truck was pointing up, after pulling it she sits level, so i guess that i got around 5"s of lift out of them, if yours are sagging you may get up to two inches of lift over what you have now and a zero rate could always go in if its still a little low

3. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

Do you run the top or carry anything ? Maybe your front springs are really tired . I have the Echobit flip , 4 inch springs which are now 1 year old , and I barely sit up in the rear , you can notice , but it looks sweet . Had my top off a few weeks ago , and she didn't sit too high . Each truck is different , but I'd think your front springs need replacing . Maybe flip the brackets around , get used 56's for the rear , and she will probably come down a bit :k5: :k5:

4. MudFrog

MudFrog 1/2 ton status

This is with the top on and some stuff in the back, mabye 50 lbs worth of stuff. In the past when I put my soft top up it raises even more.

Can you get 4" springs rearched or do you need to replace them?

5. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

If there is a spring shop in your area , sure . If not , weigh the shipping price and work and decide what to do :k5: :k5:

6. supersize75k5

supersize75k5 OrganDonorRacing.com

:blush:

I hear ya

[​IMG]

:rotfl:

7. MudFrog

MudFrog 1/2 ton status

Haha... I'll have to take a picture of mine.