Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Finished my rock sliders, a little late but they are their now.....

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by stallion85, Oct 26, 2004.

1. stallion85

stallion85 1/2 ton status

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Well I don't know how well they will hold up but it's worth a try. It didn't cost me but the few $$$ for hardware. My bud gave me the steel for free and I did the welding at Dad's house. Then I had my friend weld them to the frame for me and bolted the brackets to the body mounts. If they don't work out I will just buy the rocker replacement ones. As you can see the rockers have been getting thrashed for a while now. I wanted to get these on before next weekends Hump and Bump north of Las Vegas. Should be a blast /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. blazerpunk

blazerpunk 1/2 ton status

You don't think it will be a problem having them welded to the frame and bolted to the body? I think those bolts are either going to break or rip a nice new hole the first time it flexes real hard.

Just my 2 cents. /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

3. stallion85

Well my bud did them the same way and they have held up fine on 2 trips. Even jacked the truck up on them with a hi lift to change a tire. We will see.......

4. rick88blaze

rick88blaze 1/2 ton status

Jeff,

man those look sweet!! /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif I can't wait to get back and start working on my K5 again. /forums/images/graemlins/grind.gif /forums/images/graemlins/weld.gif /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

5. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

those look super strong! Nice work /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

6. stallion85

[ QUOTE ]
    Jeff,

man those look sweet!! /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif I can't wait to get back and start working on my K5 again. /forums/images/graemlins/grind.gif /forums/images/graemlins/weld.gif /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you notice my poser Warn stickers /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif They make my rig faster /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

7. rick88blaze

rick88blaze 1/2 ton status

yeah, I saw that. Where did you get those? I might have to get some when I come back.