Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

finished relocating my axle.

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by jekbrown, Jan 8, 2004.

1. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

will post pics tomorow... but i finally got my axle relocation / JKW spring plate replacement mods done. Front axle is now 1" further forward... a while back i moved my rear axle back 1" also so I guess I'm sorta a stretch K5 now. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif Got it all done in sub 30 degree / icy weather no less. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

j

2. Pookster

Pookster 1/2 ton status

Congrats! I know I did mine in 50 degree weather- Was thinking about doing something or other- then thought about how cold it was!

3. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

congrats /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

How much did this change your driveshaft length requirement? I've been thinking of relocating mine when I do the 1 ton swap, but I don't want to have to buy another driveshaft.

5. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

driveshaft is pulled out a bit more... its a HAD so it has plenty of splineage tho. Angle is a bit less too so I guess it all works out. We'll see after testing. right now everything is crusty with ice still so I havent gotta drive it around or anything.

btw, forgot to mention how I relocated. I have the old zero rates... with no offset holes... and even if I had the newer ones I dont like the idea of 2 center pins per pack. So, i simply drilled the spring perches 1" off center and had JKW put 1" offcenter holes in their spring plates. Seems to have worked like a charm. Doesnt appear that my x-over will have any clearance issues, but again only time will tell. My rockstomper bent drag link had to be adjusted a little... thankfully it was just a little bit because I am almost out of adjustability in the ends (wont get much shorter than it is).

anyway, check out how thick this ice is... nasty stuff for a place that some years doesnt even get cold enough to snow...

[​IMG]

we had about 6 or so inches of snow and then 1.5" or so of freezing rain caked on top of that. Not the best conditions of working on a truck outside... but hey, just more proof that Im a hardcore k5 guy. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

j

6. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

You're my hero. It's 32 degrees outside here but it's been windy as hell. Am I working on mine...uh, no. No garage sucks

7. supersize75

supersize75 1/2 ton status

hmm, it is going to be 80 degrees on saterday here /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

8. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

[ QUOTE ]
    hmm, it is going to be 80 degrees on saterday here /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Just remember what happens to our yellow snow sometime in May....

9. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

haha, its been like 14 out here latly.. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

10. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

Yeah, right now it's 25 with a wind chill of 13 brrrrrrrrrrr

11. JIM88K5

JIM88K5 1/2 ton status

Dam dude, you got way more snow than I did but the ice looks the same /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

12. TruckNutzDude

TruckNutzDude 1/2 ton status

it's -5 degrees today... and there's wind chill that I haven't factored in yet. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif anything over zero would feel like summer right about now