Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

finnished my 30 deg ramp

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by **DONOTDELETE**, Nov 7, 2002.

Just had to toot my own horn and let every one know, that I just pulled my 30 degree rti ramp out of the shop and drove my 78 up it to score a 992. I am hope full that with a little more tweeking(I can see 2 easy tweeks now) that I can beat the 1000 mark. Time to go break out the tools.

1. heavy4x4

heavy4x4 1/2 ton status

Seriously dude...that's unbelievable. No, really, it's unbelievable. I'll need to see pics of both the ramp and the truck on the ramp /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. heavy4x4

heavy4x4 1/2 ton status

Oh, before zakk speaks up, I suggest you fill out your profile so we can see who you are, where you're located, and what you drive. Thanks a bunch.

3. FRIZZLEFRY

FRIZZLEFRY 1/2 ton status

Lets see this 992 /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Got pics?

4. Thumper

Thumper 1/2 ton status

992 on a 30 deg ramp??? You had better have pics to back that up! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Mike

5. hammer

hammer 1/2 ton status

need pics

6. heavy4x4

heavy4x4 1/2 ton status

Yup, without pics, I call B.S.

7. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> On a 30 degree ramp with a Blazer, you would have had to have the front tire 53" off the ground to get a 992. That's 4.5 feet!/forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif Yep, gotta agree that you can't make a claim like that without pics to prove it. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Please? </font color>

8. TWISTEDJACK

TWISTEDJACK 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Maybe he was using the wrong measuring device! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

9. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> LOL! "Let's see here, honey, according to this tape measure it's 12 inches long! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif </font color>

10. I'm not sure where to fill out my profiel, and my digital cam is gone for repairs. But enough with the excusses this is what I can tell and show for the moment. I live in Central UT, The rig is a 78 blazer all home built with a strong 454, SM465, NP205, 39.5 boggers, shaved D60 frt with ARB, 35 inner &amp; outters, cross over high steer and AGR rock ram kit, out back is a CFF 14 bolt, shaved, and detroited. Now for the stuff in question the front is almost all off the shelf parts such as pro comp 4" springs(that I opend up the clamps on a bit), ORD shakels, 2" body lift and fender triming of the worst way for clearence. The rear is all home-made starting with my own shakel flip mounted to a long bar that pivots off a reinforced frame mount and can be pinned out for a close to stock ride. I can give a bit more detail but this is getting to long for one post and you have most of the good stuff all ready. I have some old trail pics that after I close this post I will try and post them. But I have never posted a pic before, so if you don't see them shortly after this one, tell me how to do so. Wish me luck on posting the pics.

11. Here,s the old pics, I hope? [image]DSCF0057[/image]

12. Tweetysuarus

Tweetysuarus 1/2 ton status

What pics? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif
    Bill

13. I give up, I dont know how to post a pic and Ive got to go for now. I will check back latter tonight and if you post instrutions I'll try agian, but I am not computer frendly so please use english.

14. Tweetysuarus

Tweetysuarus 1/2 ton status

[image] (insert pics properties URL) [/image]
    Simple enough?
    Bill

15. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

He would have to have them saved somewhere, like webshots or something, for the pic to have the correct properties, and from the way it sounds , he dosen't.... /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gifHe could however send the pics in an email to someone who could post them.... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

16. Thank you to chevyfumes for the advise, I set up a page at http://www.msnusers.com/scoottersoffroadadventures all though none are on the ramp some of them show the flex and the suspention prety well. while some are of blazer bash mabey you saw me there. I know some of you are familler to me from the trip.

17. heavy4x4

heavy4x4 1/2 ton status

[​IMG]

I retract my earlier "B.S." statement...well, sorta. I'd still like to see ramp pictures.

18. Mr.Chevy4x4

Mr.Chevy4x4 1/2 ton status

19. Jeremy

Jeremy Registered Member

I would just like to speak up for Scootter and say his truck will do everything he says it will do. I have seen it all in person and can back him up. His blazer is Swweeettttt. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif