Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Finnished my swap

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by big dan, Mar 22, 2006.

1. big dan

big dan 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Just wanted to share my success with everybody. Today I finished my 3/4 ton axle swap and lift. I now have a dana 44 and a 14bff with 4.10 gears. Bye bye 10 bolts with 3.08s. I also put on 4inch lift front springs, thanks to dremu, and got rid of the front blocks from the previous owner. Now I get to order 35s and a membership so I can post pics. Thanks for all of the help you all have given me.

2. 76zimmer

76zimmer Flyin Rat Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Nice,,,,,definitely post pictures, congrats. What wheels you gonna use?

3. big dan

big dan 1/2 ton status Premium Member

prolly gonna use the stock wheels that came with the axles. I cant really afford tires and wheels so the stock ones are gonna have to work until i can afford some new ones.

4. dremu

dremu Officious Thread Derailer Premium Member

:woot:

Glad the springs went in ... hadn't heard anything from ya in a while, but I guess it's cuz you were busy :D

Front blocks :doah: ... I am *so* glad you punted those!

-- A

5. IDGMC

IDGMC 1/2 ton status

I'm getting ready to do the same swap. What headaches did you run into? brake lines swap across? ubolts the right size? I'm about 3 weeks out from doing mine

6. pvfjr

pvfjr 1/2 ton status

The brake lines from a 10-bolt won't fit a D44. BUT, you can swap out the calipers. 10-bolt calipers will fit on a D44, and vice versa. 1/2 ton, or 3/4 ton doesn't really matter, it's just a year difference. I'm not sure on the exact cutoff, but IIRC 79 and earlier uses a 7/16" banjo bolt to attach the brake line to the caliper, and 80 and later uses a 10mm banjo bolt. Everything else is a direct swap. So no issues with springs, u-bolts, steering, etc.