Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Fire Extinguisher....

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 90blzr, Aug 10, 2001.

1. 90blzr

90blzr 1/2 ton status

Ok, well know that I have had a little smoke from something frying and seeing other posts about Blazers going up in smoke, I really want to get an extinguisher which I probably should have gotten when I first got it. Anyways, what size is everyone running and what should I look for and how much $$ (not that it matters, just wondering)do they usually run? Where does everyone have theirs mounted? Thanks!

2. Esteban86K5

Esteban86K5 1/2 ton status

I've just got one of those $20 ones mounted to the tranny hump next to the Transfer case shifter. I've gone trough 3 now and I have to go buy another one now. I'm actually thinking of putting a larger one there that's refillable. At least the last three times I used it the guys have been so grateful that thay have payed for new ones.

<font color=blue>Esteban</font color=blue>

<font color=red>HAVE YOU EVER HEARD OF CHATA?

3. RESTORE89

RESTORE89 1/2 ton status

mine is mounted vertical on the rear inside corner of the top, between the side slider and the rear window.
    it is one of the $12 kidde marine powder filled.
    i am thinking of moving it, because if i need it for my truck, i have to role the rear window down to get to it, and if i were to have elec. prob might not be able to roll down-

It needs a bigger motor.
    what's in it now?
    doen't matter it NEEDS A BIGGER MOTOR
    89 350tbi/700r4h/np208/4.11's

4. sarazk5

sarazk5 1/2 ton status

Restore: At that rate you would just brake the window to save your truck :-)

5. '73 K5

'73 K5 1/2 ton status

I got a pretty big, real nice looking one from JC Whitney for $13.

'73 K5
    Chevy good...Ford bad

6. 4x4blazer

4x4blazer 1/2 ton status

I have one of the Wal-Mart 7 pounders. I mounted it on the back of my center console. It is in the center of the truck and easily accesible for everyone in the truck.

7. RESTORE89

RESTORE89 1/2 ton status

yeah but insurance would pay for the truck, but i'm not so sure about the rear glass, i think i migh just look for a new location for the ext.
    my neighbor i fixed the distributor for told me once if he was not home and i ever saw smoke coming from his house he would be real upset if i did not help him out. I said what do you mean, he said the most help would be to go back inside and continue what i was doing, but under no circumstances call the fire department. he said throw gas and watch it burn. i am starting to feel this way about the K5

It needs a bigger motor.
    what's in it now?
    doen't matter it NEEDS A BIGGER MOTOR
    89 350tbi/700r4h/np208/4.11's