Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Fire Extinguishers!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Tweetysuarus, Nov 8, 2002.

1. Tweetysuarus

Tweetysuarus 1/2 ton status

I figured I'd better invest in something thats gonna help if I have a FIRE in/on/near the rig! I opted for the refillable Show chrome Extinguishers! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif they come in Red,Blue,Silver Anodized, Flames, Or Show Chrome!
    [​IMG]
    Seeings how I have invested way too much money and time into getting it this far, I would like to eventually complete the transformation without any mishaps or misfortunes! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    P.S. These can be aquired at www.stylinconcepts.com

Bill

2. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Hey I think they're runnin' a special today, "buy a really expensive fire extinguisher and get one ricer of equal or lesser value free"... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

3. Tweetysuarus

Yeah I know I got the big ugly one in the bed, But I like the fact that these are easy enough to place anywhere in the rig and no space is lost like my Monster Extinguisher!
    Bill

4. tori89k5

tori89k5 1/2 ton status

Its great to see you adding a fire extinguisher to your rig. But my .02 cents on the matter is that those are pretty much worthless. They are TOO SMALL! They are better than nothing, but i think they are going to give you a false sense of security. There is nothing worse than going to get your trusty extinguisher to save your rig, only to find out you brought a knife to a gun fight. I had a pretty small fire once in my driveway,.... ran to get the extinguisher in the shop just a few feet away, as i was blasting away at the fire, it petered out just as the last flame was put out. If the fire had been either harder to get to, or bigger, it would have not done the job. I now have much bigger fire extinguishers, (not huge like in the hallway of a school, /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif but, medium size. Keep this in mind.
    tori89 /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

5. DieselDan

DieselDan 1/2 ton status

My .02 yes, a persistant fire that has plenty of fuel will laugh at a little extinguisher. But then I've seen a simple trash fire re-ignite several times after we wasted four large (20lbs?) bottles on it. Watch an auto race, those gasoline-fed flames refuse to die!

I run two little 5lb'ers. It's not alot but usually enough. Heck of alot better that standing in a parking lot watching a pair old Strombergs incinerate on my old Volvo /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

6. Tweetysuarus

I didn't say that these were my only one just that they were gonna be convienient reach, I also have a Big Ugly 20lb'er in to be mounted by the spare tire and an air tank on the other side of the tire. the two small ones are to placed up front by the seats.
    Bill

7. Tweetysuarus

Same statement as before.I didn't say that these were my only one just that they were gonna be convienient reach, I also have a Big Ugly 20lb'er in to be mounted by the spare tire and an air tank on the other side of the tire. the two small ones are to placed up front by the seats.
    Bill

8. tori89k5

tori89k5 1/2 ton status

yeah..... so maybe you should get a great big one and mount it by the spare tire carrier maybe by your air tank, and just keep small ones up by you in the front. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif yeah, thats what you outta do /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif