Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Fire...Fire... Fire...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by babyburb, Feb 20, 2007.

1. babyburb

babyburb 1/2 ton status

I will try to keep it short.
    This last weekend I went on my first backpacking experence (sp). A little 7 mile hike around a part of Lake Texoma. So we get on Eagles Roost (about 125 ft bluff) and the wind was screaming. 30 to 40 MPH. So guiness decides to build a wind block with dead logs. It was about 4 ft high and went very well for several hours. And then, not paying attention I pushed a stick into the fire and my fire rolled over into my windbreak and WUSHHH. My cousin and I are now looking at a fire about 6 ft wide and flames shooting 10 to 15 feet sideways. We have 12 20 oz water bootles and nothing else. We stand there looking at the fire and each other. I say, "what do you want to do?" "I dunno, what do you want to do?"

So I begin throwing logs over the bluff and they land about half way down and roll down pulling sand on most of them. There were several that burned all night but they were against a sand wall so no harm. I just knew the law was going to show up at some point. Boats all going by looking and pointing with two rednecks standing at the top waving!

About an hour later, the wind completely stopped.

Ahh, the memories. I have pics. I will have to post them up tommorow.

2. wildmandave

wildmandave 1/2 ton status

WOW that would suck