Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

FIRE FIRE FIRE

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain Region' started by firefighter184, Oct 3, 2003.

1. firefighter184

firefighter184 1/2 ton status

Now that my new 89 had an electrical fire, and since the motor leaks oil like a freakin bucket, looking to clean out under the hood and start with new crap. Want a motor and obviously, after this damn fire, new electrical. Who knows a good shop aorund denver? Or a K5er who wants to make some dough and teach me as we go about replacing this crap.

2. denver75k5

denver75k5 1/2 ton status

That sux, sorry to hear about that. First I would start with a 350HO crate motor from Burt Chevy, Second I would hit a junkyard and pick up a FULL harness including the plug for the firewall. If you need help with this stuff
    we have a garage over here with a cherry picker, air tools ect. lemme know...

3. firefighter184

Thanks for the advice and offer of your help! Might be a couple of months before I have enough dough, but I'll probably be in touch, unless INTERCEPTOR helps me out. He's helped me out with a bunch of crap. The only reason I'm sort of looking at a shop to do the install is that I end up with a warranty. I was looking at crate motors from a company called Jasper, and was pretty impressed with them. Anybody else using a Jasper product?

4. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

Haven't used them, but I know there warranty is very good. There motors are pretty stock though. I have seen alot of contingency stickers on racers for there company though so imagine they are doing something right. I was looking at them when I replaced my 700R4 but they were too high for my budget. Would have like the warranty though.

5. firefighter184

As much as I would like to have a monster motor, stock is good enough for me. If I had enough dough, the Ram Jet 502 is my motor, but I ain't got 10 grand. Honestly, I know a lot of guys running stock motors on sweet rigs, and they seem to work out alright.

6. BurbLover

BurbLover 1/2 ton status

As far as Jasper Engines go, I've heard alot of good comments. One buddy of mine that owns a shop gets all of his motors for customers from them. He said they are great to deal with. ANother buddy of mine that turns wrenches on the side has also bought a few from them. He likes them because to get a better warranty, you can also buy you oil, filters, etc with the engine. It is even cheaper than getting all the parts uindividually from a store.

Hope this helps.