Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Fire in San Jose

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by Ryan B., Aug 20, 2002.

1. Ryan B.

Ryan B. 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Dang!!
    http://www.msnbc.com/local/kntv/a1294292.asp

Did anyone see this on the news?

I was driving home from work and there was a ton of freeway traffic... i merge on only to see tons of smoke coming from off the side of the freeway...
    so i want to take the next exit to see whats going on, but the cops have it all blocked off...
    i drive down the freeway and it looks like a plane crashed or something.. theres one huge fire and then a smaller fire quite a ways away... totally thought a plane went down. there were almost hundreds of people on the freeway overpass and on the blocked off street.

Then i get home to see it was part of a new shopping mall and condo's being built burning down. /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif
    Glad it wasn't a plane or a terrorist attack because that was like 2 miles from my work.

2. Chaz88K5

Chaz88K5 1/2 ton status

10 bucks says it was one of the workers...since the construcion industry is slowing down in the area they would just provide a little job secuirty with destroying it then haveing to rebuild it a few months later..thats just my guess...but i have been wrong many times /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif

3. Ryan B.

ah sheeit

my friend told me his dad was working on that jobsite today... he left like an hour before the fire broke out.

i told my friend "i'll bet your dad did it, that f$%#er!" /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif
    i don't think he thought that was real funny. /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

4. MilpitasK5

MilpitasK5 1/2 ton status

I work on the other end of that same block. Across from Valley Fair. I had to move my car twice before they evacuated my building! /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif
    I have a friend that worked that same building and left @3:30. I called him as soon as I noticed the smoke and flames but he was already back at his shop in Milpitas. Then I blamed it on him /forums/images/icons/grin.gif .
    It might have been a scam! I've heard several workers coming out of there saying that they wouldn't get done on time and stuff. Maybe they just bought themselves more time without having to pay much.
    I hear there is one worker still unaccounted for /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif ! I hope it's all good.

5. Ryan B.

Dang!

LOL! You and chazz with your conspiriacy theory!

I could see smoke from like 10 miles away.

6. Ryan B.

HEy CHRIS..(MilpitasK5)..

Saturday 7:30-8ish in the morning Pleasanton fairgrounds..
    UseYourBlinker, Dunerunner, and myself are gonna have a fun filled day at the goodguys car show. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif what are you doing?

7. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

Yep I saw the fire on the news lastnight. It was on almost every channel /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif

8. MilpitasK5

MilpitasK5 1/2 ton status

I'm gonna be at the Delta on Sat. Going wakeboarding!! /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif