Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Fire Laws?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by JimmyJuneau, Jan 10, 2003.

1. JimmyJuneau

JimmyJuneau 1/2 ton status

I live in Stockton Ca. Do any of you know if there is a law against burning here? I need to burn a bunch of tree branches and mostly wood. I have a pitin the ground I can throw it into so it would be contained. Just checking here right now cause the fire marshal wasnt at the station earlier.

2. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    I live in Stockton Ca.

[/ QUOTE ]/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif
    I feel sorry for ya!
    </font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    Do any of you know if there is a law against burning here? I need to burn a bunch of tree branches and mostly wood. I have a pitin the ground I can throw it into so it would be contained. Just checking here right now cause the fire marshal wasnt at the station earlier.

[/ QUOTE ]
    Ah jeez, Central Valley. Gots to have a burn permit and only the farmers have those and they can only burn on certain days.

3. JimmyJuneau

Only a farmer?
    What the California is SCREWED UP! big time they have weird laws and regulations and on top of that the have the biggest deficit in the U.S.!

4. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Don't forget about the taxes that are about to be raised again, the new gun laws that require everyone to go through this class and that class and get an enema, the roads are falling apart, the high gas prices, high taxes, real estate prices are outrageous, city councils vote against war, high taxes, the counties are going bankrupt cause of state mandated programs and the state won't pay, there are cities with nuclear free zones (Chaz doesn't go to those places), and more illegal aliens per square mile than any other state.

All brought to you by the Democratic Party. Doesn't get any better than this. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

5. ducttape114

ducttape114 1/2 ton status

dude, go to the fire station soon. tell them you want to do a controled burn. i think its cost about $50 for the burn permit. then on the day before you want to burn call and ask if tomorow is a burn day. if its a cool day with no wind and it has recintly(sp) rained then they say yes and you burn the next morning. but its good to have a big pile ahead of time cuz it would be a bummer to spend $50 on a little fire. or you could just chain saw it into small chunks and build a campfire ring in your backyard /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

6. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

Like someone said go to a fire station by you. Each area has different rules. I can't burn here my mom can and she lives 3 miles from me. Go figure... but the fire station can tell you for sure if you can. Another option is stack the wood in front of your place with a sign saying free fire wood. People will take it away. I know I would because I am a cheap skate...

7. JimmyJuneau

Im gonna check on it tommorow. Its not firewood mostly branches and cardboard.