Fire Sale

Discussion in '1982-Present GM Diesel' started by painterbccc, Jan 22, 2006.

1. painterbccc

painterbccc Registered Member

Nov 12, 2005
    Anybody got a under hood wire harness for a 1988 chevy 2500 with 6.2. That they want to sell. Trans (auto) caught on fire. It got up into the wires between motor and firewall. Everything still works. It even melted wires on wiper motor. Going to have trans rebuilt. :doah: Trans fluid is as black as old motor oil. Had a trailer behind it with a van on it.( never pulled in overdrive) Just knew I was going to have to get a rollback to haul truck and pull trailer 30 miles back home. A older man lived in a house where fire happened said I could drop trailer there. Said he would get tractor and move trailer. Got in truck didn't think it would do anything. It fired right up. Didn't see any fuel leak. Put it in gear it moved. We unhooked trailer in his yard. Took off he followed me for a while, old truck didn't want to shift out of 2ND. I thought this is going to be a long 30 miles. It shifted into 3RD about 2 miles down the rode. Made it all way to the house. I'm just proud of the old diesel I guess. I've had a gas truck that caught fire one time. It didn't have the damage as what the old diesel got had to pull it home. Worst part is I had onother 4X4 Thought I don't need 2 trucks, It was a real nice chevy S.W.B. truck I always drove diesel anyway. Sold it the day before diesel messed up.