Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Fire !!!!!!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Z3PR, Nov 25, 2002.

1. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

There is an old dog track about 3 blocks from my house that is on fire right now. BIG FLAMES shooting up in the air.

2. gotmud?

gotmud? 1/2 ton status

HOT DOG!! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

3. MilpitasK5

MilpitasK5 1/2 ton status

Hope no one is hurt! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

4. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

If we didn't have near blizzard condition going on, I would have headed over there with the hot dogs and marshmellows /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif The building has been empty sence the late 50's from what my aunt told me. I called her as soon as I noticed it was on fire. She knows all the local history.

5. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    HOT DOG!!

[/ QUOTE ] /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. ducttape114

ducttape114 1/2 ton status

please, please, tell me you got some pics?!?!?!?!?!

7. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Sorry, I lent my camera to a friend a few days ago. But here's something from my local news </font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    Deputy Chief pronouces fire "controlled"
    Fire officials still don't know the cause of a fire that broke out Monday afternoon at the old dog track on Highway 79 near Black Hawk.

Black Hawk Deputy Chief Troy Carling pronounced the fire "controlled" shortly after 7 p.m. on Monday. He said firefighters will remain at the scene throughout the night to keep an eye on the smoldering structure.

Firefighters arrived on the scene around 3:30 p.m. The west half of the main building was engulfed in flames, but fire crews saved the east side with only minimum damage.

Fire officials say the building that was lost has been vacant since last August. It most recently housed a night club and restaurant.

No one was in the building, and no injuries were reported.

Monday's adverse weather conditions made fighting the fire difficult for crews.

"The high winds helped push the fire, and the cold weather obviously gave us trouble with lines freezing," Deputy Chief Carling said. "Other than that, it wasn't too bad."

The investigation of the fire has been turned over to Pennington County.

[/ QUOTE ]

8. EDdaTREE

EDdaTREE 1/2 ton status

I was lucky enough to have a car that burned to the ground..(98' Stratus). Unfortunately, I was being a GOOD-BOY, and sitting INSIDE IT!! After drinking/not driving. Took the mother 100 feet off the road down an easy trail to a bonfire bash which was camp central for our wheeling party. My Blazer was broken at the time, so we used it for the camp stereo while doing other wheeling in other vehicles. Went to run heater at 2 A.M. and ended up calling 911 at 2:17 as I bailed out the door as the dash caught fire after the front clip. Ended up that there was a technical service bulletin about the head gaskets...still got boned by the insurance. Ended up that the fire chief grew up with my best man and apparently KNOWS EVERYTHING about ANY FIRE. This clown fire chief apparently thinks any fire is a conspiracy! I bailed out with 22 scars,melted interior plastic all over me, singed hair, singed NOSE hairs! etc. /forums/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

9. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I own a 98 Stratus /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif [​IMG]

10. k5ntexas

k5ntexas 1/2 ton status

you with the stratus just do not click. now the blazer yes it clicks but stratus no. lol. later.

jacob

11. mercercadet

mercercadet 1/2 ton status

now that the track is gone take the the stratus out and have fun at the dirt track!!

12. TITAN

TITAN 1/2 ton status

Admit it you were all setting around in the Stratus smokingon the crack pipe and it exploded. *LOL* /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

13. EDdaTREE

EDdaTREE 1/2 ton status

Z3PR....mine had the larger 4 cylinder motor. 2.4? Do a search at "nhtsa.gov.org" or someting like that. They list all the secret recalls on vehicles. /forums/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

14. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Face it Ed...Satan built your car and it attempted a murder suicide. Either that or one of your buddy's don't like you much. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Rene

15. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Mine has the (cough) big (cough) 4 popper.

16. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

17. chevyracing

chevyracing 1/2 ton status

Is that large puddle of brown greasy substance from that car.?? /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

18. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I don't know whats up with the puddle. It's not coming from my car, or atleast I hope it's not. I checked all the fluid levels and everything was okay. I think that's where some wheel well snow crap melted.

19. EDdaTREE

EDdaTREE 1/2 ton status

Rene....a little RESPECT for the handicapped! I was under a disability after 18 beers! Z3PR...peep that website I talked aboot and don't leave that thing running without keeping a lookout. I bailed out the door just as the interior caught...my friends came back after 15 minutes picking up their kid from the sitter's and thought I was still IN the burning car! THEY freaked! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif