Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

FIRED...... No longer the Poleece

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Jeremy_C, Oct 17, 2005.

1. Jeremy_C

Jeremy_C 1/2 ton status

Yup. Called me into day and told me they couldn't use me anymore. The sheriff said finance dept had been raising cane because I was tearing cars up, and they wouldn't give him any money. What it boils down to is small town politics, The ast cheif is running for sheriff, and I am pulling for him. Plus I started raising a new kind of hell when they forced me to drive a patrol car with 288,000 miles on it.

The car was deemed unsafe, but in all thier infinite wisdom, they decided if we didn't run emergency traffic we should live through the night. What was wrong with the car?? The pitman arm......... the little doomaflachie that keeps the car going where the steering wheel tells it too. Not like its that important or anything.

That dept is something else. Its nothing for the sheriff to get drunk and scream into his radio at home some command, to other depts. We patrol cemetaries all nite, we go from one to the other. Our mechanic is the sheriffs son, who has NO formal mechanic training at all, if he doesn't know how to fix whats wrong, he'll either 1/2 way fix it, or get a inmate to work on it.

Ah well, if your a sheriff or a chief in the TN KY area shoot me a PM, i'd be happy to work for you :D

2. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Fetch the comfy chair

Good luck on the job hunt. Ca. always has openings too...........

3. 79Stomper

79Stomper 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Sounds like where I am from back home. Small town politics. If one person doesn't like you none will. Glad I am out of there and made something of myself. My dad seems to be in the "inner circle" down there and says all the time he has a job lined up for me but quite frankly I am happy with doing something for my self. Its nice knowing i have a nice and easy job waiting for me if I ever decide to change careers but I don't kiss no one butt to keep a job.

Sorry a little off subject. Good luck in the job search and yeah SoCal is always looking for good people. CDlose friend of mine just got hired at the San Bernadino County Sheriffs Department.

4. kgblazerfive

kgblazerfive keymaster Premium Member GMOTM Winner

CA, AZ always hiring law enforcement of some kind. Bigger dept same politics just easier to get lost from someones radar.

5. Jeremy_C

Jeremy_C 1/2 ton status

I have a different mentality about things, My uniform is always pressed, boots always shined. I look professional, for a professional line of work. I was the dept Sh*T magnent, and that was my biggest downfall. Making arrests, looses votes. Now that I look back, alot of things they were doing, I think they were trying to make me quit.

For awhile I was working with younger guys, and I was always getting them into something. And then they started puttin me with old guys, that dont want to do anything but patrol cemetaries, and answer calls. Thats fine, but i'm ALWAYS looking for something to do inbetween. I'm just to aggressive for a small town dept. And I'm fine with that. In my demented way of looking at things, I see this as motivation to move on to a bigger an better dept where I can actually do my damn job, and get left alone. The thing that makes me feel better is seeing the lazy officers who do NOTHING pro-active, are the ones who are patted on the back. The Pro-active officers like my self, who have contacts that will tell you whats going on, who get out of the car and walk around the housing projects on foot, stuff like that are the ones who get kicked in the rear end. At another dept I'll make it alot better. :D

6. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Ah yes, small town politics; the main cause of some of us feeling the urge to place a high speed boot to someone's balls. I really don't think you can get away from politics in an SO unless you get on one of those mongo jumbo SO :cough:CA:cough:. I can tell you that getting involved in elections in these small departments is the poison that is the downfall of a lot of folk.

Me thinks you should research your future department. Find one that has good equipment and the troops are taken care of. I don't think you're gonna get away from the politics totally, it's all over and seems like the smaller the place is, the worse it is. For all of the drama from other people that we have to deal with in the street, one would think that we'd be drama free with our fellow law type people; but face it, cops are the biggest drama whores on the planet.

A wise man once said "head west young man" and Doctor Bubba's recommendation for you is a larger department and wide open spaces.

7. Inu-Hanyou1776

Inu-Hanyou1776 1/2 ton status

Even though my dad tells me that that's just how stuff works around here in Murphy, I keep telling him that stuff like that going in the county government and the like is corrupt and underhanded no matter what it is just because it is deal making, and that I WON'T ever stoop to that even if I wind up having to beg. I also told him that kind of stuff makes me wish the Second Coming would get here sooner so that stuff like that won't be going on ANYWHERE!

8. ntsqd

ntsqd 1/2 ton status

One of my boss' sayings is "With 2 people you have a Team. With 3 people you have Politics."
    Good luck on the search.

9. SkulzNBonz

SkulzNBonz 1/2 ton status

I seen a billboard ad here in OKC for Dallas, Texas PD.

John

10. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Have you consittered Nashville or Mephis ?? St. Louis wouldn't be that far of a move either. I'm a city boy. KC might be a distance, but it a pretty cool town. Lots too do.

11. camiswelding

camiswelding 1/2 ton status

I hope theyll give you a good word and not screw you over in your job search

LASD brother.... you'll never look back

www.lasd.org

stay safe

cam

12. gambit420s

gambit420s 1/2 ton status

dont come here, the county sheriff keeps getting sued by members of the city council for his actions, and a friend of mine that works for the city police has described some very bad things that happen to him as the result of what he said was a legal dui stop of an asst chief of police's extended family member...

politics are everywhere, this state still operates on the brother-in-law rule

of course you could go to cocke co. and run coke, i think they just lost one or two officers.... :doah:

13. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

I wouldn't consider Dallas PD forever.................... :D

14. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

We could use a few decent deputies here in Cheyenne... Dare I tell the story?

Nah, probably not, this'll turn into a flame-fest...

15. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Does it involve a convenience store clerk badge bunny???????????????

16. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

No convenience stores involved at all... It's just generally when someone complains about an officer around here they get ripped apart :crazy:

That and I think I'm going about dealing with the issue the right way rather than simply getting online and complaining to a bunch of people who can't do anything about it :D

17. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

Hey, Grand Junction Colorado is looking for some good officers! Not to mention the chief just resigned yesterday. Maybe you're up for a promotion. :D

18. ktedesco

ktedesco 1/2 ton status

Jeremy, I sent you a PM.

19. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

http://www.co.boulder.co.us/sheriff/employment/deputy/position.htm#Patrol

Boulder County CO. Who knows, you may have an interest.

Hate to see you mistreated that way. Good luck with your job search, consider it an opportunity to move on to a place where you're drive is appreciated.

By the way: Mr ktedesco, I was about to put up a missing persons post for you.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2005
  20. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

my dad got canned today too, and i'm no longer a service technician, i'm now a line bitch in the chassis shop. :rolleyes: at least i've still got a job. whats the best thing to do when your company loses $6Mil in one quarter? sure, lets get rid of the people that fix the pieces of s*** already out there in the public's hands. gread f****** idea. :mad: