Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Firefox, do you like it?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by sled_dog, Feb 13, 2005.

1. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I'm really on the edge of what I think about Firefox. I've been running it a few weeks now, and I haven't had any virus or spyware issues in that time, which is awesome, but I keep having things I can't help but think wouldn't happen with IE. Just today I went to an ebay auction someone listed in the Garage and the images in it just didn't appear. I went to IE, went to the same page and they popped up right away. That and there are no red Xs so when an image fails I can't right click it and copy the url. 90% of the time I find myself using IE to view the posts in The Pig Pen. Am I the only one noticing things like this about Firefox? Also about 1/3 of the time when I click the reply button in any forum, the box appears but the cursor does not. I have to refresh the window and hope it works the second time. Sucks when I'm in a groove and trying to reply to multiple topics at once. Oh and this morning I noticed that Firefox randomly deleted all my favorites. I had to go find my IE favorites and import them into Firefox again. I did lose a few I had accumulated over the last few weeks.

What I do like, the spyware as I noted, download manager doesn't mean much to me though the list of what I have saved is nice, the integrated Google bar(though I just downloaded and used that heavily on IE), and the list of Passwords that are saved. Being able to look at what my password actually is when I forget sure is nice.

2. eclipse

eclipse 1/2 ton status

the only problem I've had is activeX not working with Foxfire. I've been using Foxfire for almost 6 months now and I dont want to go back to IE. I love it!!!! And my puter is spyware free... very very nice :saweet::woot::bow::thumb::waytogo:

IE can....:grind::hack: :yikes: :angry1: :screwy: :doah: :shame:

3. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

HEY I wasn't the only one!! Firefox deleted my bookmarks, or favorites (whatever you want to call them) and I was really mad because I neeeded them all. But some guys on here helped me.
    I hate how there is no red x...
    but I will keep using firefox because IE has problems of its own when I use it too.
    :crazy:

4. ryoken

ryoken Puppy Fabricator Premium Member GMOTM Winner

i used it for about an hr.. it wouldn't paste text for me correctly.. i'm sure theres something i was doing wrong, but it was hugely annoying. found it unfunctional for me with that issue..

IE's new popup blocker thing seems to work pretty good... i'm in no rush to change back...

5. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

works ok for me i like it.

i get the curser thing to i though that was just my pos computer not loading though guess not

6. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

yeah pasting is a pain, I use the hot key in IE anyway(ctrl+v) so its not a real issue for me. Really on the fence about going back. Its not the pop ups that were a problem it was the Spyware crap I kept getting. Like I said, haven't gotten any yet with Firefox.

7. ryoken

ryoken Puppy Fabricator Premium Member GMOTM Winner

hmmmm, yeah, that works... to me thats stupid that its not in that rightclick menu... maybe i'll try it again knowing that trick...

8. joez

joez 1/2 ton status

Been using it for a while, no issues anymore. The few annoyances I had at first are non-issues anymore.

9. readymix

readymix 3/4 ton status

Firefox lost my profile today. Same thing that probably happened to Stave. Lost all bookmarks/Favorites...ect..

It was pretty easy to restore though as long as you have a little knowledge of computer stuff. Been using it for about a year and this was the first issue

10. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

I've been using it for a couple of months now. Because of the bare bones way it is, it was just a matter of asking for help on a couple of issues. Never lost the bookmarks, just like everyone else has said, images sometimes don't appear.

I'm happy with it and the roadrunner e-mail also.

11. dontoe

dontoe 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

I tried it for a while but didn't stick with it. Goggle supposedly is going to produce a browser together with firefox. I'll try it out if and when it comes out but IE is the standard so it will be a long time before it gets to be second place.

12. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

If I had known more about this, It probably would have been a minor problem for me, but since I didn't know where they were kept to restore them, it was difficult for me.

13. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I've been using Netscape 7.2 for the grip of time now. I don't like IE. Netscape 7.2 works fine for everything I do.