Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Fires and Engine Wiring

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Dunc03, Sep 20, 2002.

1. Dunc03

Dunc03 1/2 ton status

Well...there was a small fire, and most all of the wiring in my engine compartment got fried.

I have an 86 K5 Chevy Blazer, and was wondering if there is anywhere I can find the connectors for the distributor, and all of the clips/ect. that I will need.

What about a wiring harness?

Anyone had to replace most all of the wiring in the engine? If so, what did you do/where did you start, et al.

Any and all help would be appreciated.

2. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

painless wiring harnesses. you'll be glad you spent the $$$ cleans it all up, easy to use, good directions.

JMHO

3. BigOrange90Jimmy

BigOrange90Jimmy 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Underhood fires are a BEEYOTCH! I'm working on an 87 Blazer that had one. It roasted everything. Basically, I had to disconnect the wires from the computer, and pull them through the firewall. There was no point in being careful because there was only copper left. Just find an old junk truck of the same year. Everything should be the same.The only benefit is that it has a brand new engine and 79K original miles! Luckily, a friend of mine had a wiring harness from an 87. It took all of 30 minutes to slap that thing in there, and it's fuel injected.

4. beater74

beater74 1/2 ton status

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    painless wiring harnesses. you'll be glad you spent the $$$ cleans it all up, easy to use, good directions.

[/ QUOTE ]
    WORD UP!!!

just kidding but painless is the way to go just start with a fresh harness. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif