Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Fires and Engine Wiring

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Dunc03, Sep 20, 2002.

1. Dunc03

Dunc03 1/2 ton status

This was cross-posted in "The Garage", but I'm putting it here to in hope of more responses...
    ----
    Well...there was a small fire, and most all of the wiring in my engine compartment got fried.

I have an 86 K5 Chevy Blazer, and was wondering if there is anywhere I can find the connectors for the distributor, and all of the clips/ect. that I will need.

What about a wiring harness?

Anyone had to replace most all of the wiring in the engine? If so, what did you do/where did you start, et al.

2. xnoahx

xnoahx 1/2 ton status

You can get a whole new wiring harness from painless wiring, it will cost you between $300-400 though. But it will give you everything you need

3. tipoil

tipoil 1/2 ton status

got to the junkyard and get a complete harnes from there just be sure to check the option (ac,pwrwindow,lock,etc)maybe u can ad some if u wont.
    if u dont find the complete harnes u can get the conector from a other gm veicule .