Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Firestone Destination M/T thoughts?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by dasanii19, Mar 27, 2007.

1. dasanii19

dasanii19 1/2 ton status

Title says it, id like to get some thoguhts on the firestone Destination M/T's Ive been hearing good thing about them. How do they stand up against the BFG M/T in your opinion?

2. yellowK20

yellowK20 Well Lubricated Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I just put a set on my F-350 so far they seem to work good it doesn't get wheeled much other than the ranch roads but so far they work great

3. sarasotausmc

sarasotausmc 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Can't compare against the BFG, but ran the Destination 31x10.50s a while ago and I liked them. Not too much road noise, not very aggressive though. They did clog up with NC red clay very easily.

4. jones

jones 1/2 ton status

I think they're great! the BFG M/T's clean alot better but from my experience, they wear faster than the Firestones. I've got over 60,000 mi. on mine and have slightly more than 1/4in tread left. There's not alot of clay around here so I don't know about that. Farm fields, muddy riverbanks,snow drifts.they work really well IMO. some hydroplaning issues if you hit standing water at 60mph,but otherwise no problems there. I haven't been in too much sand either,but the little I have been in.. as long as you're easy on the skinny you'd be ok. But with a lead foot on soft sand you'd get burried quite easily. Good price,also.$545 OTD mounted,balanced valve-stems,31-10.5-15.I'm thinking of going to 33's when these wear out. Good Luck! I would reccommend them. And,yes. They're quiet,also.

5. dasanii19

dasanii19 1/2 ton status

where did you get this price at? I got one quote from a decent priced guy for 33" 12.50R15 $165 each +tax=177.16 x 4=$708.67. Does this sound right? or too much? Also do they have any specials going on for these tires? Buy 3 get ???

6. jones

jones 1/2 ton status

I got them at a dealer locally. I've probably still got the receipt somewhere in my files, but I don't remember the price per tire. The price quote you got sounds right. I'll call tomorrow for a price on the 33's just out of curiousity. I'll get back with you here.

7. dasanii19

dasanii19 1/2 ton status

Awesome, thank you . Ill check back here and see what kind of quote you got.

8. jones

jones 1/2 ton status

You better jump on that,Bro! I just called the same place I got mine from: mounted,balanced, stems, tax,disposal=$850.76:eek1: Ea. with tax=$199. That's a helluva jump in price. Go get 'em. Hurry!

9. dasanii19

dasanii19 1/2 ton status

That price was just for the tires though, not mounting and all that other stuff.