Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Firestone Destination M/T

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 82K5_6.5L, Mar 31, 2004.

1. 82K5_6.5L

82K5_6.5L 1/2 ton status

anybody heard of these? how do they do? etc...

any info would be great!

2. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

I ALMOST got those, I just saved 300 bucks by going sport kings (no mud in AZ hardly) . According to the specs they sound pretty good. Heres a link to that : Tire Spec PDF its a PDF file. They only show up to a 33x12.50 , but the overall diameter is 33. Lots of tires are shorter than stated. If they were cheaper I would of gotten them. /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

3. 82K5_6.5L

82K5_6.5L 1/2 ton status

they qouted me just shy of $800 for 4, plus warranty n stuff... i think they are bad ass! way better than my stupid BFG AT's.. /forums/images/graemlins/shame.gif

4. pauly383

[ QUOTE ]
    plus warranty n stuff

[/ QUOTE ]

How much mounted and balanced with road hazzard? It was over 960 for my quote. So I went to a local mom and pop tire store ( the owner wheels too ) and got my Sport Kings for 540 out the door (40000 mile wty). So with the savings I bought a locker /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif I liked the Firestones though, just too expensive considering. /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

5. 82K5_6.5L

82K5_6.5L 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    plus warranty n stuff

[/ QUOTE ]

How much mounted and balanced with road hazzard? It was over 960 for my quote. So I went to a local mom and pop tire store ( the owner wheels too ) and got my Sport Kings for 540 out the door (40000 mile wty). So with the savings I bought a locker /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif I liked the Firestones though, just too expensive considering. /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

thats just it, just shy of $800 out the door, mounted, balanced, warranty.. the works /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

6. pauly383

Great deal then /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. macg

macg Registered Member

I got 4 of these (33x12.50 destination MT) at a Firestone shop in houston for $613 that included tax, mounting, balancing, but no warranty. The guy said that he had to make the sell that day, and that he was up against some "hard numbers". I called around and other Firestone shops gave me a price around $800.

I like how they look, but have not used them off road yet, only for my drive to work.

8. 82K5_6.5L

82K5_6.5L 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I got 4 of these (33x12.50 destination MT) at a Firestone shop in houston for $613 that included tax, mounting, balancing, but no warranty. The guy said that he had to make the sell that day, and that he was up against some "hard numbers". I called around and other Firestone shops gave me a price around $800.

I like how they look, but have not used them off road yet, only for my drive to work.

[/ QUOTE ]

yea i like the way they look too.. almost like an imitation Krawler kinda ?? hopefully i can get them and abuse the hell out of em! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

9. CyberSniper

CyberSniper 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I've seen them in action and they don't impress me much. They're around $145 from tirerack. There are a lot of tires out there that you'll be as happy if not happier with for the same price. Unless you're getting a good deal I'd stay away from them.