Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Firewall insulation? where to get,,,,

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by k204dr, Sep 17, 2005.

1. k204dr

k204dr 1/2 ton status

SO, i got an 88 model k30 crewcab, and it sat for awhile without the heater box on it, so it got rain in on the firewall insulation, and its pretty nasty. where can i get this new? I looked in my LMC catalog, but thats the one thing they don't carry. Can this still be gotten at the dealer? I definately want it in there, sinces its diesel and its gonna be noisy! thanks.

2. k204dr

k204dr 1/2 ton status

nobody?

3. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

another diesel??

My 82 K20 has that insulation and a fiberglass liner over it on the firewall--someome butcherd the area over the blower motor,I ended up cutting it off around the heater box area..I haven't seen it for sale anywhere aftermarket--only a "donor" diesel truck in a junkyard or possibly a dealer is the only place I think its available..
    I'd like to cover mine up again..maybe that "bubble wrap" aluminum stuff would work they sell at Lowe's and Home Depot--not sure how much heat it can take though..I almost screwed a plastic dishpan over the heater box--fit nearly perfect--but looked like crap,so I decided to live with a bit more noise for now.. :crazy: