Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Firewall Insulator Pads ?

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by fatdog, Dec 16, 2002.

1. fatdog

fatdog Registered Member

Hi all, I haven't been around for quite some time, but after some weirdness life is getting normal again.

For the ? I'm redoing the 71 chev. I went to order a firewall insulator pad so I can reassemble the cab and noticed the LMC pads fit all 67-72, but most other suppliers, for instance Brothers, have different pads for different years. Has anyone ever used any of these, and how did they fit? I know a guy I can buy the LMC one from and it would save me shipping costs, but I don't want it if it isn't going to fit correct for a 71.

Thanks, Rob

2. J.Lance

J.Lance 1/2 ton status

I haven't personally used these pads before but I have seen the one size fits all pads used. They basically have punch outs and you punch out only the holes for your application. Seemed to work fine, I'd give it a try.

3. fatdog

fatdog Registered Member

I'll go look at the pad tonight, I'm thinking it will be just fine if it fits the firewall ok.

Thanks, Rob