Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

firewall wiring diagram, help?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by four_by_ken, Feb 25, 2002.

1. four_by_ken

four_by_ken 1/2 ton status

Is there such a thing floating around as a wiring diagram for the firewall of an 85 Blazer? I am going to clean up all the unnecessary wires and it would be a lot easier to do if I could tell what they were for without having to trace everyone down.

Thanks
    Ken H.

'86 K5 in parts
    1-ton 454 44 TSLs
    <P ID="edit"><FONT class="small">Edited by four_by_ken on 02/25/02 07:25 AM.</FONT></P>

2. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

Here are some diagrams MJ put up a while back. They should help.
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.customtruckshowcase.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&amp;threadid=664>http://www.customtruckshowcase.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&amp;threadid=664</a>

Russ

85 K30 CUCV, 350 TBI, TH400, 205, D60/C14, 4.56 Locked, 4" lift, 42" tires
    Some day: massive cutting, shorter wb and rear overhang.

3. four_by_ken

four_by_ken 1/2 ton status

Those will help... but I am more looking for what is where on the engine compartment side of the firewall.

So I can remove all the junk!

Ken H.

'86 K5 in parts
    1-ton 454 44 TSLs

4. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

Like a component locator diagram? That's about the only thing I know of that will show you what is located where. Anyway, you might check your main local library, they usually have old shop manuals, and such.

Russ

85 K30 CUCV, 350 TBI, TH400, 205, D60/C14, 4.56 Locked, 4" lift, 42" tires
    Some day: massive cutting, shorter wb and rear overhang.

5. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Well on the engine side there is very little that isn't needed. Even with the emmisions stripped the only thing not needed is one wire for a valve and a wire for the mix solinoid if you have gone to a non electric carb. That wire is simesed in with the choke wire so not much point in removing it. The biggest wad of wires is for the wiper motor and you need EVERY wire or it will not work correctly. As for cleaning it up I would get either some plastic wire loom or the fabric tape for wraping them. That will clean it up. Your going to have to go to a GOOD big electronics supply house to get the fabric wrap. Great stuff for a show truck but it will get mud stained in a 4x4.
    Your bigger Library's usualy have Factory manuals for each year on Micro Fisch. 10 cent's a coppy for what you need. These are for each year because there are some little changes that happen that Haynes and Chiltons are not going to show.
    Eric

Women dig dents and flat paint!
    coloradok5.com/gallery/Grim
    75 Jimmy, Dollar
    Grim-Reaper

6. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

As Grim said, there isn't much "junk" to be had. Don't have any '85 truck stuff up, but this is an '85 car, I can assure you, the plugs are very similar.

www.dorianyeager.com/index2.html
    Why insist on counting when the ring gear has the tooth counts stamped in?

7. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

As Grim said, there isn't much "junk" to be had. Don't have any '85 truck stuff up, but this is an '85 car, I can assure you, the plugs are very similar.

www.dorianyeager.com/index2.html
    Why insist on counting when the ring gear has the tooth counts stamped in?