Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

fireworks?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by MTChevy, Jun 23, 2006.

?

How many dollars do you spend on fireworks?

1. $0

7 vote(s)
    21.9%
  2. $1-$50

4 vote(s)
    12.5%
  3. $51-$100

1 vote(s)
    3.1%
  4. $101-$200

8 vote(s)
    25.0%
  5. $201 or up

5 vote(s)
    15.6%
  6. I light fireworks nekkid

7 vote(s)
    21.9%
  1. MTChevy

MTChevy 3/4 ton status Premium Member

season is here, I love buying fireworks and blowing things up. Its gotta suck for those that have restrictions. woohoo

2. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Fetch the comfy chair

Some time ago I acquired some .223 tracer rounds. One night way out in Nevada we had ourselves a little home fireworks......

3. broc944

broc944 1/2 ton status

.54 TC Hawkin muzzle loader, that is my fireworks display.

4. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

my daddy spoiled me as a kid. every year i had well over 500 bucks worth to my self and had a blast. :D

still got all 9 fingers and 8 toes :eek1: :haha:

5. 85burbanator

85burbanator 1/2 ton status

im kinda depressed this year. usually i go to ohio and hit up phantom fireworks for there buy one get one free deals. spend well over 600 bucks and get tons of fireworks. all kinda. light em off for hours. however nobody is going up north this year so i wont be able to put on my annual show.

6. Drey

Drey 3/4 ton status

You guys suck...fireworks are illegal in iowa...well all the good ones anyway...

of course we still have Snakes and Sparklers...

A couple years back some buddys of mine went out of state blew about 200 a peice(4 of em) and made like Smokey and the Bandit back home. Another car that left the fireworks store got pulled over right before them I guess.

That was the best summer we ever had.

7. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

No fireworks for sale in AZ , but I do have some nice big red things a customer gave me with little fuses sticking out of them :wink1:

8. gofergurl

gofergurl 1/2 ton status

I think last year was one of the first years in a while that I got to blow up fireworks. I think Jagged only spent $50 on them and we had a blast. My little brother enjoyed helping him blow them up.

9. blazinzuk

blazinzuk Buzzbox voodoo Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Got an Indian reservation 20 miles away they sell all the illegal stuff. you just have to make sure a cop is not around or near when you are lighting them off cause its a hefty fine

10. ryoken

ryoken Puppy Fabricator Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I gotta turn in my mancard on this one.... :o :crazy: :haha:

Just doesn't thrill me anymore I guess.... :crazy:

I mean, I blew up tons of stuff as a kid/teen, my fave being the multi-staged model destructions, from smoke to fire to kablam! And if someones got em, cool. :waytogo: I just don't go outta my way whatsoever to get em... Not to mention the illegal part..

Yet if your pool is empty, I'll be the first diving in the deepend riding a hunk of wood, go figure.... :doah: :haha:

11. resurrected_jimmy

resurrected_jimmy 1/2 ton status

I don't do so well around fireworks anymore. Too much stuff going off around me in the past couple of years slinging jagged shards of metal into the air makes me a little nervous around all pyrotechnics. I still can't figure out why every time we come home form a deployment they insist on having fireworks displays at the welcome home ceremonies.......

12. jaysonsk5

jaysonsk5 1/2 ton status

i stopped off in Wisconsin and blew $150 on the good stuff ,came home and lit it all off for the wife and kids. a couple of hours later we were in the house talking about going back to get more stuff. :D

13. eightyone

eightyone 1/2 ton status

i drive to florida a few times a year, and stop in at south of the border in south carolina, and spend over a grand between the 3 or 4 of us that usually go. and end up lighting them all off before july 4th:doah: . but they are cracking down now around the bridges to get onto long island. you get arrested, and they impound your vehicle. they used to just confiscate them, and i guess the cops just bring em home for there kids...:rolleyes: . seems liek anyhtign fun is slowly getting banned. the police used to just give a 25$ tresspassing ticket and tell you to go home when you would be riding a quad or dirtbike int he woods, now they impound it. they used to just show up to the street races to break them up, maybe give a few tickets. now they roll up with 30 flatbeds, and take all the cars, and you cant get them back, they sell them at auction. not to mention tickets and jail time. im getting so frustrated living here. this whole island is like a retirement comunity. the closest race track is in new jersey. the only one on long island is open one night a week in the summer, and i dont think joe public is allowed to just go and run there car.:mad: sorry, i got a little off topic.

14. Jishory

Jishory 1/2 ton status

im in mexico right now and got 4 boxes of m80s earlier... im too paranoid to bring any more back with me. we will see how this turns out anyways. im looking forward to blowing **** up

15. MTChevy

haha sweet Jistory... i love m-80's. best part is i can get em right here in town... with my uhh, "supplier"

16. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

i get the real deal. the stuff they use at shows .the biggest i can get is an 8inch.the stuff they use at firework shows on the 4th of july.cuz i know so many peeps that do shows i get cool stuff free. i have the most fun with the m-80s that are supposed to be shot out of a pistal to clear birds from a golf course.punch a hole in it, put in cannon wick and blow stuff up.:haha: :haha: we blew a TV up at work with a stick and a 1/2 of dynomite made from 3 2 and a 1/2 inchers.we have it on tape. man thats funny in slo mo.:laugh:

17. MTChevy

it would be cool to spend the 4th with boggerless!!!

18. Jishory

Jishory 1/2 ton status

:saweet:sounds like he is one of those dudes that dont care what day it is