Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

FIREWORKS

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Z3PR, Jun 27, 2003.

1. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I love fireworks. Sence the 4Th of July is comming up soon, I went to a fireworks stand this afternoon. I'm loaded up /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif, now I just need too find a good spot too set them off at where it won't start a fire. I called the sheriff's dept. and they say anyplace 1 mile or more outside the city limits is fine. Just not in the forest /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif !!! So is everybody else stocked up on fireworks ???

2. angrysnowplow

angrysnowplow 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    So is everybody else stocked up on fireworks ???

[/ QUOTE ]
    Nope! /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif Illegal! /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif
    Not in New Hampshire tho (10 min away) Live Free or Die /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. TXsizeK5

TXsizeK5 1/2 ton status

Hrmm 1 mile from the city limits? Seems like all these fawktards around here set them off on the street. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif even though they need to be out of city limits and arials are banned from the county

4. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

yeah but you're in texas...you know how those damn texas heathans are. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

5. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    arials are banned from the county

[/ QUOTE ] That sucks. Over 75% of the ones I bought are classified as arials. I love the big rockets that go way up and explode. I also got a shitload of bottle rockets for wars with friends /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif and my fav is the kegs you set in the ground that shoots little missles in the air with different color trails. They're great after dark. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. TXsizeK5

TXsizeK5 1/2 ton status

There was this one we set off lsat yr called the "dragon" it shot off like 8 different arial things and when eahc blew up 2 or 3 more came out of that one. Bottle rocket fights? sounds painful, we're more of the roman candle type lol.

7. bouncytruck

bouncytruck 1/2 ton status

<font color="red">Everything</font> is banned around here. I haven't even seen a fireworks stand this year.

8. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

The Gay Area has also banned the "Good Stuff" but you can still find it /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Don't wanna spend a night in jail or it though, /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

9. stuper

stuper Registered Member

best one was the "molative cocktail" it was 15 shots with uber loud ground shaking explsions. good stuff but $45 a pop. worth lighting 5 off at ones. uber bright and uber loud. bro made a run 2 years ago to border to get some. illegal in pa here, and when he moved i inherited the pile of leftovers because mom didn't want themin the house.

theo/stuper

10. Don

Don 1/2 ton status

Buy the Red Sparkler's. Tape 4 boxe's of them together, with shipping tape, then electrical tape over that, leave one of them sticking out, [it act's as a fuse]. After You have done this, place it under a 5 gallon plastic bucket, light it, and get outta there!

The bucket will be the "Aerial" say about 100' in the air, there is a very LOUD report from this device, and it is dangerous! The bucket will come down as "splintered, shattered, scroggy, shrapnel.

Be Careful with these, they equal about a 1/4 stick of dynamite.

11. MousePowrd

MousePowrd 1/2 ton status

In MI bottle rockets are even illegal.

I think the have legislation in the works to ban "snakes" /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

We go to Indiana for the good stuff. We pick up some Everclear while we are down there too /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

12. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

yeah i got some of those there fireworks... had 24 mortars, shot off a few already, bottle rockets, crackers and a saturn missile...outside city limits? sissies lol

13. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

HAHAHAHAHHA, did you just use "Indiana" and "good stuff" in the same sentence?!?!?!?!
    /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

14. EDdaTREE

EDdaTREE 1/2 ton status

We have bottle-rocket wars where you laugh so hard you actually fall down. 99 percent humidity rocks!

15. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

It is unfortunate that they don't sell brains along with the fireworks. Every year I have to stay home on FIRE WATCH so the damn kids around here don't set fire to my place. Each year I chase off about 100 kids who are trying to set off fireworks right behind me in a dry brushy and forested area. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

16. The_Sandman_454

The_Sandman_454 1/2 ton status

Yeah Michigan really sucks in that regard, we can't have anything that goes up in the air... I had the opportunity to order some stuff from a friend of a friend's friend type deal, but I didn't get my order in in time... Was going to go with some of those 2.25" or 2.5" ball rounds... Was thinking of some of the 5" ones, but decided I *really* did not desire to attract the police that badly...

It sucks with all the stupid regs they have in place, contrary to popular belief some people can be trusted to play with this stuff, although idiot regulators don't realize it...

17. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

So how are the "idiot regulators" supposed to differentiate between responsible people and the brainless ones. You can bet there are more brainless people that purchase fireworks than responsible ones.

18. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    It is unfortunate that they don't sell brains along with the fireworks. Every year I have to stay home on FIRE WATCH so the damn kids around here don't set fire to my place. Each year I chase off about 100 kids who are trying to set off fireworks right behind me in a dry brushy and forested area. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

[/ QUOTE ] I hear ya on that. It would be nice if each county could provide "safe" places for setting off fireworks. Something like public parks with large concrete or gravel parking lots. It is sad that there are so meny facktards that can't think "Gee, all that dried out brush and tree's might not be a good place too set off fireworks, consittering the first word there is fire". Kinda ruins it for the rest of us. That's part of the reson I called the sheriff's dept. too ask where is and is not leagle too shoot them off befor I went and bought up a shitload of fireworks. I love em, but I want too be responcible about it. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

19. The_Sandman_454

The_Sandman_454 1/2 ton status

Unfortunately they cannot differentiate between idiots and those who will use the things responsibly.. However, why not for example pass a law saying if you damage something by your doing (i.e. if you cause a fire by shooting fireworks in a dangerous location), you're liable for the funds to fix it back to how it was...

I cannot stand peoples' lack of responsibility for their actions and blaming everybody else... Hey man I didn't set that fire, the fireworks did it, it's too easy to get fireworks... That is BS... I personally don't care if some idiot goes and harms themselves with a product, if you aren't smart enough to use it safely one shouldn't be using it in the first place... That is a hard one though since fireworks are hard to control after they're in the air... Same as firearms I suppose, after you fire, you're responsible for whatever your bullet hits, I guess the same should apply for fireworks... Might be harder to prove, but perhaps it'd be worth it...

20. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

banned? bah, just go to an indian reservation and buy whatever the heck you want. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

j