Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Firggin' contacts!!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by shane74, Oct 15, 2002.

1. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

Firggin\' contacts!!

I just got them last night...actually, I only need one for my right eye. I have one of those stigmatism thingy's.. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Anyway, they are taking some getting used to. I feel like my vision is worse, yet when I take it out I can tell I REALLY need it. How long does this last?? I hope no more than a couple days. This is irritating! /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

2. potato76

potato76 1/2 ton status

Re: Firggin\' contacts!!

taking them out and feeling worse will last forever because you dont realize what you dont see until you see it.So it seems like your eyes are worse.

3. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Is this your first pair? I've been using contacts for a couple years, and just started using astigmatic lenses a year or so ago. I dunno about yours, but mine are actually wieghted so they sit the right way on my eye; if I put them in upside down or something, with a couple billion blinks they right themselves. I've got it down to a blink or two now by also rolling my eye around my head if it's not right (I also put them in as rightside up as possible).

Are yours disposable? I started on disposable Toric 66 lenses that last a month or so then get too uncomfortable. I just opened a new pair this morning as a matter of fact... Everything is fresh and sharp and clear looking...
    The best feeling is when you pull them out of your eye at the end of the cycle and throw them away; it's like a tiny aggression release being able to chuck them...

Think of the alternative... My glasses suck, and my peripheral vision is terrible with them. Contacts make the whole world come into focus, there's no "corner of my eye" that I can't see clearly from...

4. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Shane, I've had them for almost 20 years, the first couple of weeks are the only time you'll even know they're in! Hang in there.............. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

5. TWISTEDJACK

TWISTEDJACK 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I have worn contacts for 10 years. When they switched me to the toric lens they bothered me alot. It took about 2 weeks to get used to the larger lens. After that I was back to
    not noticing that I had them in.

6. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

I went to get contacts about a year ago, I have one of those stigmatism's in the left eye. THe contact alone is $125 ,and $40 for the right eye. I said **** it. I'm gonna wear glasses. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

Yep, this is my first experieince with them, and yes I am using the weighted stigmatic lense. I do like how they work, they are just taking some getting used to. Also, my eye doc said to only wear them for a few hours a day and gradually build up a tolerance. I am an all or nothing type, so I am leaving them in all day. Most of the discomfort is probably my fault. I was just venting.

8. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Sence you said you only need it for one eye, get a monical, do the col. Klink thing.

9. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

I don't think I'll be goin gback to glasses. I already like the benefits of contacts. My eye sure feels heavy though! /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

I'll probably keep a spare pair of glasses for backup, but I think it'll be contacts from now on.

10. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

I KNOW NOTHING!! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

11. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

That was Srg. Schultz, but you're close, right show.

12. Tybee

Tybee 1/2 ton status

I've worn them for about 15 years and wear disposible contacts now. I abuse mine though, sleep in them and hardly ever take them out. I've even went swimming in them. Youll get used to them.

13. 87Blazerlady

87Blazerlady 1/2 ton status

Z3PR
    YOU ARE SO FUNNY /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

14. 87Blazerlady

shane

I have the weighted contacts and I'm alright unless I layed down to watch TV. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif Just doesn't work, unless you want a stiff neck. Keep glasses for backup is good idea. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

15. potato76

potato76 1/2 ton status

thats what i do i use glasses as a back up.after wearing contacts all day it feels better to have glasses handy.AND if you want to take a short drive real quick and you dont wanna put contacts in you just use your glasses

16. 87Blazerlady

Another thing about the benefits of contacts:

Remember the days when it rains on your glasses..... or your at work and you've got your hands busy and you can't let go and your glasses start sliding off your face? /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif Especially when you are sweating. You'll like this one: Was out on the lake one day and my pole was almost pulled into the water (big ole channel cat), I grabbed the pole....BUT....my glasses flew off my head......GONE.....never happens with the contacts.
    Nope. Don't miss those glasses. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

17. potato76

potato76 1/2 ton status

i always were my contacts when im doing something that involes alot of work for that reason /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gifi cant stand sweat on the lenses or constantly falling off.