Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

firing order - help

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by crithke, Jul 7, 2003.

1. crithke

crithke Registered Member

i need a diagram or complex description of the firing order for a 72 blazer with a 350 in it. I picked up an old blazer that had no spark plug wires whatsoever and don't have my other blazer at home to compare it to (paint shop) any and all help would be so greatly appreciated. I would like to drive this truck until i get my other blazer back

please help

2. crithke

nm i got the firing order..now all i need is which plug on the distributor is 1...any help is appreciated

3. Ryan B.

Ryan B. 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

1 8 4 3 6 5 7 2

The front of the distribuitor off to the right, kind of pointing towards the #1 cylinder.... Like around 5 oclock position would be #1. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. chulisohombre

chulisohombre 1/2 ton status

the easiest way is to pull off the distributor cap and turn the engine over till you hit top dead center.typically it is the 7 oclock position on a points distributor and 5 oclock position on a hei.but if the distributor was pulled for any reason and then just randomly dropped back in,you would have to use the method i first described.

5. Ryan B.

Ryan B. 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Oh yeah....

Take out the #1 spark plug, stick your finger in the hole to plug it, and turn the engine over until you feel it compressing and trying to force air out that #1 cylinder...
    Then look at the timing mark and get it to 0* or TDC...
    THEN take off the distribuitor cap and it will be pointing at #1.
    /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. crithke

ty for all the help guys..i guess i'll find it eventually

i'm new to the whole engine thing...i should probly stick to the body work /forums/images/graemlins/ooo.gif