Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

first accident

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by big dan, Mar 17, 2007.

1. big dan

big dan 1/2 ton status Premium Member

well had my first automobile accident tonight. after a 12 hour work day I decided to get some food before goin home. get in the truck and start it up and hear some funny knocking. that just made my day.:( but I didnt feel too bad about it, Ive currently got some money saved up that I planned on getting some cool stuff with but hey why not build a new motor.

decided to go ahead and get some food before parking the truck. after deciding that nothing looked good on the menu I started to back up. just like always checked behind me, checked my mirrors and all that good stuff. started rolling back and hear a crunch. looked behind me and all I saw was a light poll. I thought great now Ive backed into the sonic light poll. pulled foward and got out only to find that the light poll was actually a dodge neon.:doah:

no big deal, no one was hurt and there was no serious damage. he needs a new door, I need to pull out the rattle can and touch up the paint a little.:D but I had to laugh when we talked to the police. I told him that it was my fault that I just didnt see him when I backed up. The kid replied with, "it wasnt entirely your fault. you're up high and Im down low, you just couldnt see me":haha:

no one was hurt, no police report or ticket and my insurance should take care of the damages. Im still pissed about my motor though.

2. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

Private property. No need for insurance, I do believe.

3. CDA 455

CDA 455 3/4 ton status

Hey, you might want to see what the bill is going to be. It might be cheaper in the long run to pay out-of-pocket instead of having your insurance cover it.

Just a thought.

Glad no one was hurt.

4. skyyk5

skyyk5 1/2 ton status

That sucks! I just hit a j**p the other day. No damage. But you never know when someone is going to come out holding their neck!