Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

first annual bb03 mw run??????

Discussion in 'Midwest Region' started by BamBamblazer, Apr 22, 2003.

1. BamBamblazer

BamBamblazer 1/2 ton status

I was just sittin here thinkin and i think we should try to do something like a blazer bash midwest run. we are always tryin to get together and have little runs but i think we should try to do one that is full blown organized. I would be really into to help get this organized and would love to see it happen at the badlands so it would be more centralized for everyone from the east and midwest. we could probobly get people from the east coast to mo. and ks to come. I know whe have the mwk5t run but i think this would be killer. Any input?????? Its just an idea and please dont flame me for wanting to try to get a big run together other than the mwk5t.

2. Mudzer

Mudzer 1/2 ton status Author

"Organized event" /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif Where you been man? We just had an organized event with sponsors and prizes with 9 K5's showing up. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Nobody wheels anymore! Godang boy, e-body know dat! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

3. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

I'm worried about the countdown till the June run, maybe by fall if the job huting goes well I'll be built up more for a huhum 'fullsize' run /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif
    Let me know what I can do, I will be happy to host any pics, pages or info needed to 'organize' a run. I will do some footwork for sponsors and send out a newsletter or whatever needbe too /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. KRAZIE87K5

KRAZIE87K5 1/2 ton status

Thats a great idea, but sounds strangly like what Neil and I just held in Arkansas. There were over 25 registered vehicles, and only 9 came. Only 7 ran the trails... Mine broke, and another was too stock and didn't want to bash up his truck (no problems there)! After that event, I think the next major run needs to have some kind of NON-REFUNDABLE REGISTRATION FEE to give ppl some sense of commitment to attending the run. We put A TON of time into organizing that event, and we were both pretty dissappointed at the number of attendees. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Keep us updated if you need help. I for one would be happy to give you my input if you really have your heart set on this thing. Also, the Badlands is 3.5hrs away. Count me in as long as it's not too close to other event dates.

-Dan