Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

First bit of wheelin' with the 1-ton conversion and 42s **link to pics**

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by txbartman, Mar 31, 2003.

1. txbartman

txbartman 1/2 ton status

First bit of wheelin\' with the 1-ton conversion and 42s **link to pics**

I don't have a ton of pics as my normal photographer had to work this weekend, but we did get a few. You can check them out on my website. There are a couple decent ones on pages 2 and 3. Pics just never show the angles involved, though!

All in all it performed really well. I ran in D on the 700 for 3 hours at 60 MPH to get there. Got around 10-12 MPG. Only used to get 8 before the conversion!

The 42s make so many obstacles so much more fun! The side bite of the TSLs make lines possible where the BFG MTs would have just slid down into the hole. Everything held up well. Even when I got a few feet of air while playing on one bump. Landed real smooth and was rolling again.

Wheeling without the top on is GREAT! But I gotta get used to all the popping the cab top does without the rear top. At one point we stopped and the rig was a little flexed and you could see the waves in the top!

Anyway, the pics aren't the greatest, but hope you guys enjoy some of them. We have trips already planned back out there in two weeks and then again in mid-May.

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gifWoohoo! I am back off the road again! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. 83ZZ502_Jimmy

83ZZ502_Jimmy 1/2 ton status

Re: First bit of wheelin\' with the 1-ton conversion and 42s **link to pics**

Nice!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

John [​IMG]

3. Calclips

Calclips 1/2 ton status

Swartz Creek, Michigan/Flint while in school

Damn, that thing looks mean... I like it.

4. OL14BLAZ

OL14BLAZ 1/2 ton status

Cool Pics /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gifYour K5 looks like it did really well. I had too hit the exit at Linda Gail three times before I made it out of that nasty hole, when I was there back on the 15th of this month. It was quite a ride. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Maybe I will have my rig together pretty soon and I will see you out there.

Eric /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

5. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

Re: First bit of wheelin\' with the 1-ton conversion and 42s **link to pics*

Nice Truck
    [​IMG] /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. Beast388

Beast388 1/2 ton status

AWESOME! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    Great Pics!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. txbartman

txbartman 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I had too hit the exit at Linda Gail three times before I made it out of that nasty hole, when I was there back on the 15th of this month. It was quite a ride.

[/ QUOTE ]

Linda Gail was quite an experience all the way around. When you come down the first 300 yards or so, there is a campsite. That is my club's campsite. Normally that road is no prob. BUT... Last weekend they had a motocross on that trail. It was nothing but motorcycle whoop-de-dos all the way down there!

I was very impressed with my rig in that on that last climb, it took me one shot. I hit it slowly and popped the front end up. Gave it the gas to bring the rear to the ledge. As it started to go up, I got on the gas to keep it from dying or going back down. Made it up in one shot! Of course, I noticed people FLYING out of the way once the front came down enough I could see something other than blue sky again!

We will be out there April 12-13 for a trail cleanup (we sponsor 3 trails - Sunday Cruise, Saturday Night Live, and Linda Gail). We will also be back out for a big club run May 10-11. You are welcome to join us any time!

8. Geno

Geno Registered Member

Nice ride man! was wondering what you were going to do with the flares that were on your truck? Looks like the trails were a blast! Always good when things finally come together and you can enjoy all the work you put into something!

9. wa_jeeper

wa_jeeper Registered Member

Looks good, and Barnwell looks like it might be worth hitting before I head outta here... When are you going out that way again?

10. txbartman

txbartman 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    When are you going out that way again?

[/ QUOTE ]

We will be out there in 2 weeks, but only running what it takes to get to our trails for spring cleaning. Our next actual run out there will be May 10-11.

11. txbartman

txbartman 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Nice ride man! was wondering what you were going to do with the flares that were on your truck?

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks. The flares have already been bequeathed.

12. wa_jeeper

wa_jeeper Registered Member

Well, I'll be gone by then but I might be back in the area around Memorial Day so we'll see...