Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

First Car/Truck You drove

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by jc71355, Oct 16, 2002.

1. jc71355

jc71355 1/2 ton status

Allright don't flame me for this. I was like 8 or 9 when I first drove my Dad's Jeep 81 CJ5 /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif, and I hit a big old Pine tree /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif good thing for those 5mph bumpers /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif. LOTS of good memories of that old thing. Took a quart of oil to get to the deer lease on good days, two quarts on bad days. Only time we got stuck was trying to go through a dry steep ditch with open diffs. First thing I drove on the road was my Dad's 95 Z71 /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif. Legally was my mom's Sub. So what's the first car ya'll drove?

This Pic is at present time, we no longer own it sold it when dad got his Z71.
    [​IMG]
    *Puts on Flame Retardent Suit*

2. JIM88K5

JIM88K5 1/2 ton status

Red 68 Mustang coupe,302,C4. /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif
    Still got it. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
    Jim

3. Chaz88K5

Chaz88K5 1/2 ton status

first car i drove on the road with my permit was a 1994 camaro z28..then my own car/truck...1969 el camino...drove that untill about 2 weeks before high school was over with then got my blazer...had the el camino for about 6 months after because i couldent sell it...but only drove it like twice after i got my blazer

4. zcarczar

zcarczar 1/2 ton status

First car i drove was a 94 nissan 5-speed p/u. Im proud of myself too cause i dint stall it. First car i legally drove was a corolla I think, stupid driving schools use ghetto jap crap cars.

5. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

First car I drove period... Mom's 76 Chevy C-10 pickup... It used to be a nice truck, now it's all rusty, the interior is ugly, radio doesn't get good reception, and the hood doesn't match. But it still runs like it's brand new, so it's all good /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif I still drive it occasionally, but don't like it too much, it's too low... I'm used to driving my Scout and a Jeep and a Blazer and soon an Explorer and a huge van at work...
    then I get in her thing or worse, my dad's car, and it feels like I'm dragging my ass on the pavement... ow...

6. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

A 1971 Toyota Corona. I dont remember how old I was, but I remember stepping on the brakes to stop until it stalled. My dad told me to push the clutch in. I was like "Why? Don't you step on the brakes to stop?"

7. TWISTEDJACK

TWISTEDJACK 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Mine was a 1966 dodge pickup 318 with a 3 speed on the tree
    YEAH! Wouldn't stay in first gear and was only firing on 4 when my grandfather gave it to me when I was 10. Learned how to turn wrenches on that old girl. When I got my license I stepped up to a 77 GMC swb.

8. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

Here is is for everyone... the rear window sticker read...
    "Thou Shalt Not Drive Fords" /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif/forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif/forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif
    http://www.harrispools.com/Branndon/Buick.htm

9. blk87K5

blk87K5 1/2 ton status

Chevy LUV @ 8 years old.

10. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I was 11 years old when my father taught me to drive his 1968 Plymouth GTX (426 hemi duel 4 bbl's, 4-speed with the pistol grip shifter). That was one monster of a hot rod. I damn near killed us just trying to get it rolling. But my father just laughed at how scared I was till I learned to feather the clutch.

11. k5ntexas

k5ntexas 1/2 ton status

1988 s-10 2.8 5 speed. lol. its a good truck. its our ranch truck now but i think i'm gonna bring it back for my daily driver. great lil truck. later.

jacob

12. K5Jimmy

K5Jimmy 1/2 ton status

Learned to drive my Grandpa's 40 Ford PU out in the fields...drove his 50 Chevy PU on a Farm permit to deliver Christmas trees when I was 14 or so...Paid $40 for my first car...49 Olds with a 50 Olds engine...324ci and 110hp...really thought I was the Sh!t... /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif

13. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

'76 Toyota FJ40. Wish I still had it. Was like a small tank. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

14. heavy4x4

heavy4x4 1/2 ton status

Suzuki Sidekick 4 door (hey...at least it was a 4x4) at probably around age 13.

15. hawglet

hawglet 1/2 ton status

First car I dorve was a 1977 Chevelle Malibu( not really sure if that is the correct year) Firstr one legally was a
    1994 puke-piss mix green Mitsubishi Expo LRV(Mom's mini van and the color is really hard to explain but it's called
    Scandanaivan Green) First owned-started to restore was a 1969 Volkwagon Karman Ghia. Fun car but it should
    have had a 327 pushing about 300 hp so that it would break some stuff.

16. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

'43 willys flat fender with a 4 cyl and 3 speed. That thing would go anywhere! After that it was a '71 Ford 1/2 ton 2 wheel drive with a 289, C6 tranny, 9 bolt rear, and 4:56 gears, 2 1/2" duals, 295/50/15's on the back and 245/60/15's on the front on 15x10 solid centerlines. I sunk every dime I had into that truck. I sure thought I wuz BAD ASS in that truck! LOL!! It was pretty quick on the street. I wish I still had it... /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif That thing NEVER let me down. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

17. madmike

madmike 1/2 ton status

First truck I drove was our farm truck, a '69 Chevy C20, 307 2bbl, SM465, 4:10 rear. First car I owned and drove was a 1974 Plymouth Duster, slant six, 3 on the floor with a fake snakeskin covered roof! The back seat folded down and opened into the trunk, it was cool!

18. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Hey I wouldn't flame ya, I've been half thinking of getting something just like that as a daily driver... K5's consuming too much gas and I can't park her long enough to do major work if I gotta fire up for the train station the next day...

My first drive was in a datsun or something like that when I was probably around 10. It was the "Swamp Rat" in the junkyard/shop I worked at in the summer, the yard car. That was friggin fun. Right when I was really new to it, I got it stuck by pulling to close to something. It was only stuck becaue I was afraid to go in reverse; too many things to focus on with the clutch, steering and looking... I literally got 5 minutes of training that went like this "Take your foot off the clutch with the shifter in gear, and the motor on, the car will go. Don't ever try to start driving in anything but 1st. Don't try to shift around here..."

The first car I legally drove was a 1978 Buick Electra with a 350. Aweseom awesome car for a teenage kid, but I loved driving it too much, and blew the motor after only a couple months...

19. 75blazer454

75blazer454 Registered Member

my first car was a 1.6 vw golf cl, then a 1977 blazer, then a vw corrado g60 and now a 1975 blazer. /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

20. 87Blazerlady

87Blazerlady 1/2 ton status

First car I drove was a brand new 1970 (?69 or 70?) Chevy Nova. Made a left hand turn and the axel start coming off. They said that some kind of pin wasn't there. Good thing I wasn't traveling RT 80 at about 60 MPH. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif