Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

First day of work

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by stoney126, May 1, 2007.

1. stoney126

stoney126 1/2 ton status

Wow what a day. they didnt waste any time, I got thrown right into to it. The techs that work there are pretty cool. I got lucky as one of the head techs is showing me the odds and ends and he gave me a pepsi:D He did also tell me Very nicely that I need to pick up the pace. But HE told me I did a good job and to keep up the good work.

I do however Very much dislike one of my service writer, Just seems like an a-hole. He may be having a bad day. Anyway I need to go buy a few more tools and a cart . Then some shut eye .

2. TSGB

TSGB 1 ton status

Bust ass, it'll pay off.

3. Confedneck79K30

Confedneck79K30 3/4 ton status

lots of service writers suck! some are good, i had to threaten to kill 2 to get them to quit...

4. BoondocK5

BoondocK5 1 ton status Author

I turned wrenches for just over 11 years professionally. I never once even considered a stealership. I always made plenty of dough at independant shops and usually didn't have to put up with too much ****.

now i got a real job turning wrenches on things that go really fast.(F-16)
    what I'm attempting to say is get your ass back in school! Education always pays, and working for commission or flat rate however they do it now will always suck.
    You can kill yourself for 60 hours a week and make 30-35k a year, or you can go back to school , graduate, and start at 45k a year, and only work 40 hours a week, plus you get treated better at jobs that pay more

5. Confedneck79K30

Confedneck79K30 3/4 ton status

stealerships arent bad and you can make good money, lotsa politics