Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

first deer kill in MICH,reported by the media!!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by boggerless, Nov 15, 2005.

1. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

at 7.10 am this morning someone hit a 12 point at 12 mile (no kidding) and telegraph.it is the biggest intersection around detroit.m-10,I-696, northwestern highway, 12 mile and telegraph all join there. they call it the mixing bowl.IT SUCKS TO GO TROUGH IT! :angry1: and it is surrounded by car dealers ,shopping malls and neighborhoods for miles. for someone to kill a deer with their car on opening day in THAT crowded area is histerical. :haha: :haha: and a 12 pointer. :haha: :haha: a buck was also killed at 8 mile and telegraph 6 years ago. all the housing they build around here ,there is no where for the deer to go. :rolleyes:

2. kyser_soze

kyser_soze 1/2 ton status

What the?

It must be all that farm land in the Detroit area that draws em there?

3. boggerless

:haha: :haha: there is still enough land around to support deer.i guess :confused: either that or they figured out ,move into civilization and watch humans freeze their asses off looking for us in the woods. :haha: :haha: hell i see tracks in my back yard.

4. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

i saw 3 deer dead on 96 or was it 94 i think 94, and 1 on the 696 when i was down there two weeks ago.

they looked to be does though no points, does noone clear the animals off the road? you guys have less taxes but hell i like my roads plowed of snow and cleared of dead bloating carcasis

5. boggerless

they prolly don't have a job catagory for that.the more they build the worse it gets.the deer should head north. :laugh: and if they had someone to do it .it would take 6 supervisors and three trucks to make sure it was done right. :mad: :laugh:

6. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

i was near that streach of road yesterday, i can't imagine a deer there. i have seen blood spots west of 275 though on 96, not yesterday, but before, thats preaty busy also.

up here there are 2 county guys that go around and load the deer up and take them somewhere (dump maybe) thats if someone else doesn't grab them first and take them home to gut, skin and process. just gotta watch for the gravel bits and the occational glass shard.

7. jekquistk5

jekquistk5 Weld nekid Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I almost pegged one last week on I-75, but it was in the sticks so Go figure. If I would have hit it my car would have been totaled, so Its a good thing I didn't. I believe its head may have hit though. Found a piece of hair in some trim near the rear bumper. I live in the Middle of Kzoo and I had one on my pourch like 3 weeks ago. And there isn't a forest or woods for about 4-5 miles, just houses and apartment complexes :screwy: :screwy:

8. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

Lots of deer here..

I have 3 or 4 deer in my backyard every morning around sunrise,and about an hour before sunset too..there is about 1 mile of dense woods and swampy areas behind my house before there are more houses,and major highways surround the woods on all 4 sides,or side roads do..but they have built many new houses in my neighborhood in the past 5 years--at least 150 or more--so the deer have nowhere to go..still a lot of fields and woods though..

There is that swamp called the "hockomock" I mentioned in the "Bigfoot" post a few weeks ago,that is about 5 miles NW of my house,that is THE last uninhabited area around here for them to hide in..I know a pilot who says he sees hundreds of deer in herds in that area!

But people,houses,and cars don't seem to bother them much!..I see them trotting down my street,and head right for RT 44,1/8 of a mile away!..I hear at least 2 or 3 "Deer VS Vehicle" calls on the police scanner every night around here.. :doah:

A 10 point buck was hit and killed right out in front of my house in 1994,by a mustang GT,the kid driving was cut up pretty bad,the deer stoved the windsheild in,then was flung onty my front lawn!..it had to be picked up by the highway departmet's backhoe,it was so big!! :eek1: the kid driving the car had only bought it a month before--and he didn't want the deer,so it was hauled to a local prison,where its used for food!..

The girl who lives next door to me had a doe run into the side of her 1991 Pontiac Grand Am,when it was only 2 years old too!..that doe was huge too,and again the backhoe had to be called in to remove the deer.We don't eat venison,so we declined the offer to keep it,when the mustang hit that buck....the girls car was fixed,but the insurance company was tempted to total it!..it was bashed in about 8" on the passenger side,including the roof! :eek1:

I have to be VERY careful driving around here at night--it used to be only in the fall you'd see deer ,but lately they are around ALL the time,and even in broad daylight I've seen them walking down a pretty heavily travelled roads!..
    I use my truck if I have to go out after dark..my Contour would be no match for a good sized deer..I used to hate my Jetta during the "rut"--I always feared a big deer would jump out and total it,and I'd get killed!.--

A MOOSE was struck and killed only a mile from my house about a year ago. :eek1: :crazy: --the FIRST one ever seen this far south in MA!--a local hunter had sworn he'd seen one,and everyone said he was stoned or drunk!--(I saw something huge and black in the backyard one night around that time,when I went to take a leak behind my shop--I didn't stick around long when I saw it run off--it sounded BIG when it hit the woods! :eek1: buta week later,a Ford F250 Diesel hit it,and it had to be euthenized.. :( ..guess that hunter wasn't high after all.. :rolleyes: :haha: :crazy: