Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

First engine rebuild done!!!!!!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by odoa3, Jul 12, 2004.

1. odoa3

odoa3 1/2 ton status

After three months of waiting for parts, waiting for the machinist, and building, finally got the engine in the K5 today! /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif All I have left to do is hook up the starter, exhaust, steering pump, and timing. It feels great to have it in.
    My first engine rebuild - man did I learn a lot. I bought it, drove it home- and pulled the engine. Every thing from below the intake is new, including a different block. I can wait to finally get to drive it! /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

2. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Been meaning for years to do one totally myself, just haven't yet.

I know you'll be grinning when it fires up for you. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

3. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

It's a really great feelin. Specially if it fires right up from the get go.

4. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

If everything including the block is new, wouldn't that be a whole new engine, not a rebuild? /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Having a new powerplant always feels goood. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

5. odoa3

odoa3 1/2 ton status

Well, technically.... yes I guess it would be a new motor. Hey, that sounds even better! /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif Change the story to I built a new engine- rather than just rebuilding one- anyone can do that.

6. bigyellowjimmy

bigyellowjimmy 1/2 ton status

Congratulations! Dont forget to prime the oil pump with a drill before cranking the engine /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. odoa3

odoa3 1/2 ton status

BigY- yup, primed it already- kind of interesting to see how much the drill bogged down.