Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

First Gen Firebird, who here has one? I know one of you does.

Discussion in 'Other Rides' started by sled_dog, Apr 25, 2003.

1. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

Looking for a burban guy around here who runs a First Gen Firebird. Want to talk to him.

2. Blaze

Blaze 1/2 ton status

You're looking for DesertDueler. He runs a Pntiac 350 powered 69 Firebird.

I want a 67-68 Firebird convertible, I love the 1st gens!

3. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I really want a 70 to 73 Formula Firebird with the dual hood snorkle scoops. [​IMG]

4. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

Thats who I am looking for. My dad has a 69 Firebird and I have the itch to build something fast so I want to talk to Dueler about building a nice fast 350 First Gen Bird /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

5. Blaze

Blaze 1/2 ton status

He's definitely your guy to talk to. He runs a 200-shot on the 350 and is in the 11s. If you have any other Pontiac questions, I'd be happy to help ya also.

6. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I am just looking to build a low 13s First Gen Firebird 350. Was just thinking, mild ported 6x heads, headers, full exhaust with H pipe, Edelbrock RPM Performer intake, and say an Edelbrock performer 600 or 650. Oh and this cam http://www.pontiacwarriors.com/dyno/350/6X/dyno_350_6X_CompCams_XE268H_DualPlane.htm That is the setup I was thinking I want to mimic. The car had the Borg Warner 3 speed replaced with a Muncie M21 4 speed.

7. Blaze

Blaze 1/2 ton status

I think that will definitely put you in the 13s. You will definitely need some suspension work to hit the lows, but I think that setup will definitely put you in the 13s somewhere. If you could score a set of 6X 4 heads it would be the best, 6X 8s are good, but the 6X 4s are better.

8. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33617&item=2412447378&rd=1 Was thinking if they don't go much higher those heads tehre. Emailed and asked about casting numbers and what vehicle they came from. As far as suspension do you know where to get stuff? I was thinking new leaf springs(don't expect stock 69s to be great), but all the springs I find are for lowering I don't want to lower. The roads in PA are horrible, lowered vehicles are just bad ideas and no way would I ever want to hear SCRAPE with that car. I was thinking that and traction bars. Not sure about the traction bar setup.

9. Blaze

Blaze 1/2 ton status

Yeah, those cars are hard to get to hook. DesertDueler can probably help you out the best. I didn't know you were from Sellersville, I'm originally from Bethlehem. I know exactly what you mean about the roads up there. If those heads are 6X4s, expect them to go for around $200. Right around $100 is about what I would pay for them if they were 6x8s.

10. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

ah yeah then you do know. Hey our Firebird came from Bethlehem. My dad got it after it was abandonded in Bethlehem. Got it for like 2,000 I think! It was perfect except the paint. Only thing wrong with the car now is a hole in the fender well below the battery tray(guessing from acid).

11. Blaze

Blaze 1/2 ton status

Really? That's pretty cool! Seems a lot of Firebirds get abandoned up there, my grandfather keeps finding them, but no one ever know who the owners are!

12. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I can't understand why someone abandonded an almost mint first gen firebird but hey their loss /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

13. MTBLAZER89

MTBLAZER89 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

I've got an OLDS 455 for sale if any of you Firebird T/A guys are interested. Northern NV. 75 Firebird too.

14. DesertDueler

DesertDueler 1/2 ton status

I am currently running 11.1s with my pontiac 350, backed behind a th400. I ran the 11.1s with stock 2 barel heads(no porting done and stock size valves), stock bottom end (except ARP bolts and forged pistons), RPM intake, custom cam, holley 750, and a 200hp nitrous. The th400 was a mild build with a 30 B&M shift kit and a 2500 stall. Rear end was a 10 bolt with 3.70 gears and an Auburn Pro posi. Stock suspension with traction bars in the rear. Not bad for an almost stock car weighing in at 3550 with me in it. This winter it got done up just a little, just havent had time to run it. The motor stayed the same, and so will the nitrous. I got a tranny sponser and they completely went trough it and it is now a race tranny. It has a 4,000 rpm stall in it. It has a ford 9" now with 3.70 gears and a full spool and Moser axles. The rear suspension is landrum springs and Cal-Trac bars. The front is Moroso drag springs and lakewood drag shocks. I took it out once before the tranny got built and blew the tranny up. It had 2nd gear only. All motor and second gear only it ran a 13.6 at 92 mphs /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Its going to be in the 10s real soon.

Dan

15. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

nice. Hmm maybe a simple cam, full exhaust, Edelbrock RPM and Edelbrock 650 will do me good.

16. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I can only get the first number off the heads, says 4. Heat thing for the warm up thing covers the other number. By this chart I guess tis the 47 heads http://www.angelfire.com/fl4/pontiacdude428/HeadID.html 1969 350. Oops I said 48 heads before they are 47s by 2 different charts.