Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

first gen for sale, $3500 OBRO ('72 CST)

Discussion in 'Complete Vehicles' started by ksblaze83, Jul 4, 2005.

1. ksblaze83

ksblaze83 1/2 ton status

Posting for Masterbeavis, please contact him at masterbeavis@hotmail.com!

I have a 72 cst 4x4, 4" lift, 350/350/NP205 D44/12b (8 lug 10B, d70 included with sale, see below)

Supposed six inch rancho lift, I think its 4. Rear has 4" blocks. Rides rough, IMHO. Has RS5000 shocks, and a dropped drag link. Stainless steel brake lines, D44 front, 12B rear, (3.08 Gears, limited slip front and rear)

An 8 lug, 10bolt front, and dana 70B rear, both with 4.10 gears are included with the sale. The D70 has been thouroghly cleaned inside and out, wire brushed, and primed. Inside, new wheel cylinders, shoes, and re-packed bearings. This was from a '78 ford super camper special. It has a power lock. Also included is a driveshaft with 1350 joints. (you will have to have it shortened, find a yoke for the tcase, or buy a 1310 to 1350 joint.) The 10 bolt needs a minimum of new rotors and pads. Right now its on decent rollers. I have a set of baby moons for it in nice shape, except one has a dent from being curbed. A set of nearly new 35" swampers on weld 589's can be had for an addtional fee.

The motor is all orginial with all smog and ac equip still iintact. The smog pump is going bad, so belt is off. I have converted it to HEI, and it has custom fitted 7.5mm accel spark plug wires routed nice and clean. Has rams horn manifolds. It has the usual leaks, runs OK, but the motor sounds tired in my opinon. It has an edelbrock 600 CFM carb, its has low miles. As it sits, it gets 10MPG on the highway with 33" BFG AT's Another 350 is included with the sale, ran great when pulled, had odd compression, (one cylinder was 20psi higher than the others)

It needs body work, it looks like it has been wheeled a few times. Not much left of the green paint, it is starting to show thru primer(olive green on a white top). It has some rust on pass side on door,rear quarter panel, and the door foot kick thingie that sits under the door(rocker panels??) and the floors. I cant verify the extent of the rust under the carpet, I stopped looking when I peeled back the carpet and seen a piece of sheetmetal covering the floor. The interior is brand new. Front and rear seats have been re-upholstered. Dash pad is new, door skins in excellent shape, armrests as well. Guage panel is in nice shape, has the full guage package (but not the tach) Rear skins got wet, so they need new backing. Has a double hulled top, its in nice shape except had a motor home style vent retrofitted into it, and removed/filled with epoxy. Repair is not complete. Exterior trim is in suspect shape. Previous owner to the previous owner removed some of the trim when they did the existing body work and did not think to include trim with the sale. The trim that remains has dings in it, and is weather faded. I have spot checked beneath the bondo in the usual cancer areas, it appears to be solid metal, not bondo. The areas of cancer appear to have been left alone. I have an extra plastic grille insert, existing one is in nice shape as well. Could stand to have new weatherstriping for the doors, and window scraper felts. Window crank assembly is tough to operate (typical)

It has 2 add on fuel tanks that sit beneath the seats, outboard of the frame rails.

The electrical system appears to be in OK shape. No major birds nests, misc wires that go to nothing (anymore) and everything works. Has a recent 78A alternator installed.

Trans works fine, shifts normally. Fluid looks like it could stand to be changed.

I would like to see $3500 for this thing. If you want it cheaper, you can subtract $200 for the 8 lug axles and related items, $100 for the extra engine. THe swampers can be had for an additional $400.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 4, 2005
  2. ksblaze83

ksblaze83 1/2 ton status

more pics

[​IMG]