Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

First Gen production numbers?

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Ryan B., Jul 7, 2004.

1. Ryan B.

Ryan B. 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Been searching but i can't seem to find the production numbers on first gen k5's..
    How many were built in '69, 70, 71, and 72? Any record of how many were 2wd and 4wd of those numbers?
    Are 1969's automatically worth more since there was fewer of them made (under 5000) and they are the first year?

/forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif

2. Larry_in_Tx

Larry_in_Tx 1/2 ton status

I don’t know how accurate these numbers are but this is what I got out of an old article I saved about the first gens.

‘69 – 4,935

’70 – 11,257

’71 – 17,220

’72 – 44,266

I’ve always heard the ‘72s where worth a little more because of the in dash air and other junk that made them unique but I can't say for sure. I really don’t wanna know what a nice 1st gens worth since I kind of went the opposite way of a resto job on my truck. /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

3. Ryan B.

Ryan B. 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

cool thank you!

Any idea what the breakdown is between chevrolet blazers and gmc jimmys?

[ QUOTE ]
    I really don't wanna know what a nice 1st gens worth since I kind of went the opposite way of a resto job on my truck. /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
    /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

Yes, mine is kinda headed towards the dark side also, but its never too late to restore. Figured i'd have some fun and put a few more dents in the body before i go replacing body panels and spending money on the body and paint. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif
    Found a cheap first gen locally, so i'm considering all my options.

4. jakeslim

jakeslim 1/2 ton status

5. spearchucker

spearchucker 1/2 ton status

Production numbers are here also. /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif