Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

First Gen rear u-bolt question

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by ED70K5, Jan 12, 2001.

1. ED70K5

ED70K5 1/2 ton status

I just received my 4 in. kit form Tuff Country for my 1970 K5. The rear hardware came with square u-bolts and my rear u-bolts are rounded. This is the stock 12 bolt axle, so what gives???? What type of U-bolts does your first gen come with????

Blazin' in TEXAS!

2. Chris Demartini

Chris Demartini 1/2 ton status

<font color=blue>MIne came with the square kind that go over the spring and the spring plate goes under the axle. When I put on my Rancho 4" system 2 years ago, it came with the round kind that has the plate on top of the springs. </font color=blue>

[​IMG]

3. blazer72

blazer72 1/2 ton status

The u-bolts should go top down to castings that go on the axel tube, this is the square type. Its comon to change the u-bolts out to a later kind that go bottom to top and use the plate for say a 73 to what 87 or so, this is the round kind. Its a lot harder to get hung up on axel tube that way.

I understand the jeep thing I drive a BLAZER!!

Ken

4. ED70K5

ED70K5 1/2 ton status

Just got off the phone with Tuff Country Tech Support and he said the square were the OEM u-bolt. So I have to ship the square ones back, so I can get the round ones. I have to pick-up the shipping! Oh well just another snag on the way to K5 BLISS!!!

Blazin' in TEXAS!