Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

First generation K5 people in WA

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by jello, Apr 8, 2001.

1. jello

jello Registered Member

Reading the some recent posts from the Northern Calif. area got me wondering about early Blazer people in Wa. and if they might want to meet for a ride or camping excursion some time this summer??

2. Crushergmc

Crushergmc 1/2 ton status

I'm in Oregon and I was thinking the Portland Swap meet at the expo would be a good starting point. Don't know if my Jimmy will be ready by then. It's the first weekend in May.

70 Jimmy, 454, 2wd
    56 GMC, Big Window

3. jello

jello Registered Member

Please fill us in about the portland swap meet. Is it a blazer only event?

4. Crushergmc

The portland swap is a huge mostly American car/truck swap. It will take 2 days to go through it all and you could easily spend 3! They just added 1700 more booths! It's at the Expo center. Here's the link http://www.expocenter.org/.

70 Jimmy, 454, 2wd
    56 GMC, Big Window

5. StevenB

StevenB Registered Member

I live in Seattle and take the trip to Portland almost every year. I think it's the 2nd largest Swap Meet on the West Coast. Easy two days to get through it but usually three.

6. fink

fink Registered Member

Im dont know a whole lot-o-people in the northwest but if you ever be east of the colorado stop on in & we'll do a little rock stompin. ie co spgs Co.

7. IGOR

IGOR 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I always go to the PDX swapmeet too! I just moved to the Portland area for my new job at Warn - I have a '72 K5

The PDX swapmeet is the second largest auto swapmeet in the nation (behind one in PA) - it is three days, May 4, 5, 6 and definitely worth your while if you like old cars/trucks - I went there last year and there were 1st gen K5 parts everywhere -

If you go - make sure you get there before me!! :-P

8. TheBlazerKid

TheBlazerKid 1/2 ton status

I'm in Raymond, washington a smallh ick town of about 2500 people thats 25 miles west of aberdeen and 50 miles from chehalis. I want to go to the portland meet but dont knwo for sure if i can go yet!

Theres No Replacement for Cubic Inches!

9. jello

jello Registered Member

So this meet in Portland sounds like a good one and probably well worth attending. Any one out there intrested in meeting in the Seattle area and convoying down?? In first gen. rigs?

And to sean, you need to move back to the northwest before those rocks stomp on you down there in Co. springs. ....You and that ol' orange roach you call a Blazer.

10. Crushergmc

You can post on www.67-72chevytrucks.com too, there are quit a few Canadians and fellow Northwesterners on that board. I'm sure a few of them would love to get a convoy going.

70 Jimmy, 454, 2wd
    56 GMC, Big Window

11. jello

jello Registered Member

Good Idea, and I did that last night.