Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

** FIRST LIFT ISSUE **

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by pauly383, Feb 15, 2004.

1. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

Ok got my 4 " lift on and now my rear shocks were fully extended at ride height thanks to shackle flip /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif To fix that I bought longer Gabriels I found in the member section in the post your part # post. SO back shock issue fixed. But heres my question: Could I take the longer back shocks that were too short and put them on the front? Or would I bottom the shock sooner than with the shocks for front that came with lift? Thanks in advance /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. tomseviltwin

tomseviltwin 1/2 ton status

this should work for about a 4" lift.

3. pauly383

Thanks, going back to garage /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

G63738 is the part number for the front shocks that supposedly work in the stock mounts.

I'm going to do the G63438s in ford towers up front. I love the Gabs....so inexpensive and have worked out so well for me.

5. pauly383

You know what I found out just now, my stock replacement rears are longer than the lifted fronts that came with my lift /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    G63738 is the part number for the front shocks that supposedly work in the stock mounts.

I'm going to do the G63438s in ford towers up front. I love the Gabs....so inexpensive and have worked out so well for me.

[/ QUOTE ]

I used the Gabs and was not too impressed with them on the Burb, suspension was too soft/mushy, so then i went to Monroe's, the top of the line from Checker/Kragen, still the same deal, smooth ride, but was still "bouncy" and sayed in the rear, so when i lifted my truck, Rough Country, the shocks they sent me were better but rear still bounced and swayed, so i called them, and they sent me some gas charged shocks, as opposed to the hydrolic shocks, and that damn near did the trick, still sways, but i blame this on bad bushings and weak stock rear springs. Just my .02