Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

First Long Trip in the Beast!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by sarazk5, Jan 2, 2002.

1. sarazk5

sarazk5 1/2 ton status

Over the Holidays we drove from Sacramento to San Diego and back. We took the Jimmy... with a little worry... this was going to be the first long trip the truck has ever been on, since we got it and have started the restoration/mods etc.

It did great! We were so proud. The only problem we had was, the place that installed my carb. the week before didn't adjust it correctly, well they had bumped the timing somehow and adjusted it to that timing. When we moved the timing back, the idle/fuel mixture was off. That is fixed now. But i was so impressed, I have stock 3.40 gears and am running 35's, the truck had lots of power, I had no problems over the grapevine. Gives me lots of encouragement to finish the truck, and more incentive for paying for a paint job!

I will be udating my pics this week. We installed all the interior, stereo etc, before going on the trip. Keep a look out!
    Sara

2. 2Dogs

2Dogs 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Good! You must have a healthy engine. Mine doesnt pull my 35s with 4.10s as well as I would like. Might have something to do with the 210,000 miles on the engine :)

Looking forward to some pics.

Since you deal in interior can I ask some questions? Sorry for O/T.....
    What truck/SUV years and models had the seats with the seat-belt mounted above the shoulder? And do you have any for sale? Or sources? I am starting to think about the interior again after recovering *gasp* from the drivetrain upgrade.

Thanks,

Dave

Horn Broken... Watch For Finger.
    <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/Daves-Pics>http://coloradok5.com/gallery/Daves-Pics</a>

3. sarazk5

sarazk5 1/2 ton status

are you talking about the rear seat? or front seats? Mine is a 79 and it originally came with the over the shoulder belts. i am not sure what year that started. I know I looked at a 76 and it only had lap belts. I don't have any seatbelts for sale. i bought my replacement belts on ebay from a guy. They were actually designed for a car. I bought them with fear, they actually turned out to be great, with minor modifications. They fit me better than the original belts now. They don't scrape my neck! But i am short. My b/f is 6'2 and they fit him better than the original ones also. I can find out the name of the person I bought the belts from if you would like. I paid about 60.00 for them.

I replaced the rest of my interior (carpet, seat upholstery) through LMC. The rest of my interior trim I painted grey with SEM Color Coat, (very good coverage, cant tell they are painted).

I will post pics this evening. Let me know when you are ready to place an order. I will hook you up.

Sara

4. 2Dogs

2Dogs 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I am looking for seats that have the belt built into the seat - I think 96 and newer trucks, 4 door/king cab models.

Yup - I will still be orderind door kits and dash panel sooner or later. Thanks!

Dave

Horn Broken... Watch For Finger.
    <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/Daves-Pics>http://coloradok5.com/gallery/Daves-Pics</a>

5. sarazk5

sarazk5 1/2 ton status

Yeh those are the 96 and newer seats for the front. Came in Tahoes and Suburbans. Sometimes Cordova Truck has them but they want like $1000.00 for them. I found a seat manufacturer in southern cali that had great prices. i will have to find it for you. Another option, is keep lookin on Ebay. I sometimes find great deals on seats on there.
    Sara