Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

First pics of the new and improved junk

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by FRIZZLEFRY, Apr 1, 2002.

1. FRIZZLEFRY

FRIZZLEFRY 1/2 ton status

Well I was gonna wait to post some pics til I got it painted but I couldnt wait.So here it is. <a target="_blank" href=http://www.community.webshots.com/album/34634137RpXKcj>http://www.community.webshots.com/album/34634137RpXKcj</a>

The cab and front clip are a 74 C20.The bed is from an early 70s GMC step side.The 14 bolt is out of the C20.The front 8 lug conversion parts are off of a mid 80s 10 bolt.The wheels are 15x10 Eatons and the tires are 37-12.5 SSRs.

So what do yall think so far?

2. gokartergo

gokartergo 3/4 ton status Staff Member Moderator

I like it!!!!! The cops are going to get for mud flaps...LOL

3. SCOOBYDANNN

SCOOBYDANNN 1/2 ton status

Ill have to admit that i like "junk" as much as the next guy, but im gonna have to say the blazer was much nicer. but i guess i couldnt reall beat up the blazer---you can beat up the new one for sure. two different worlds you jumped from. i like it though

4. NoSmog73

NoSmog73 1/2 ton status

Cool UM?? truck/blazer..Naw looks good chris now what color are ya going to go to...

5. DuneRunner

DuneRunner 1/2 ton status

I guess its not a BLUE Ovel. LOL Looks like it will be fun.
    GOod to see.

6. NoSmog73

NoSmog73 1/2 ton status

So If I come down sat then I can check it out huh....

7. SAVAGE1

SAVAGE1 1/2 ton status

WHOA! What happened to the K5?? I like the new trail rig but the K5 was so NICE. You've got balls... can't wait to see this one!

8. marv_springer

marv_springer 1/2 ton status

Yeah Baby....!!!

I like it!

Marv

9. FRIZZLEFRY

The main reason I did this was to narrow the truck from the doors back.I was tired of dragging the rear quarters ,top, and rear windows on everything.Now the bed is only 4' wide and the fenders stick out just past the center of the tire.Another + to this truck is that its just a plain old truck,no power windows or tailgate to deal with on a regular basis , no tilt wheel to loosten up,and a hose out interior should I need to.Im just trying to keep it simple /forums/images/icons/smile.gif And then there is the issue of smog.Due to the GVW all that is required on this is the charcoal canister and a hot air tube to the air cleaner.

This is not going to be a beater but I will use it as I did the K5 /forums/images/icons/smile.gif .As far as the K5 being nicer ,I think this will be as nice or nicer.I have alll new weatherstrip for the doors and windows and insulation/sound deadener for the floor and back of the cab.Im also working on getting a seat out of a mid 90s GM pu.I wanna be able to hear myself think and be comfortable cruzin down the freeway /forums/images/icons/smile.gif.As far as paint, I can get Macos $600 paint job for $350 thru work but Im not set on a color yet.

Its gonna feel funny driving around in a dent and scratch free (for a little while anyway)truck /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

10. Mudzer

Mudzer 1/2 ton status Author

I'll tell you what I like - Da Buggy! That is cool. What did you build that thing out of? Brakeline tubing? Very cool.

I think the truck look is cool man, I need to either capture a snap of a video I have from Disney, or look online for this truck. It was an Olive Drab Diesel Powered (propane injected) Ramcharger which had the rear portion of the bedsides chopped off and some cool fabrication work done in the form of a new bed and other mods. It had a soft top which covered the cab of the truck. You could easily add some cool tubing work to protect the bed and fenders on this rig. It would be killer.

11. FRIZZLEFRY

I wondered how long it was gonna take for someone to notice that thing /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif I made it out of some small round stock and its all brazed together.I dont even want to think about how much time it took me to make all the suspention work right.I even made the coil over sorta shocks that are on it.So I had a little time to kill /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif I even built a 30 deg.ramp to play with it on.

12. m j

m j 1/2 ton status

I vote to paint it white
    nice ride

13. FRIZZLEFRY

I thought about white but I need a change.

14. DuneRunner

DuneRunner 1/2 ton status

Ya Da Buggy is sweet. I'm thinking of Doing something like that with a Model of a K5.

FUN STUFF.

15. marv_springer

So... Frizz,

Looks like you grafted the rear suspension onto this new one... Did you just pull it off the Blazer?

Marv

16. FRIZZLEFRY

Its my Blazer from the frame down /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

17. marv_springer

Ahhh.... makes sense now!

Marv

18. FRIZZLEFRY

To improve the ride with no weight in the back,I removed the leaves I added to the F150 springs.It rides great and doesnt squat real bad when I load it up with stuff.

Now that Iv had a week to look at the rear fenders I just put on ,I thought that maybe I mounted them too high up on the bed and was thinking about putting them a little lower.I went out at lunch and played on a pile of broken up concrete and got max compression one side and off the ground on the other in the rear.If the fenders were any lower I would crunch them. They just look so far away from the tire on flat ground /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

19. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

You are my fabracation hero!! I like it! How is your visability in the cab? Better than the K5? Did you ever think of going convertable? I still haven't got my sliders welded on/forums/images/icons/frown.gif I have the 3x3 caped off and ready just haveing a hard time visulizing(sp?) how to mount them! Sure could use another set of eyes to help see the way/forums/images/icons/wink.gif/forums/images/icons/wink.gif.
    Hey nice wagon! Is that your daylly driver?
    See ya soon.....
    later

20. NoSmog73

NoSmog73 1/2 ton status

I just got to see this thing today and let me tell ya It is cool and I wish I had those skills to do that type of work..Nice job job chris..mike