Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

First Post - Duals with Cats

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Tio Chango, Sep 28, 2005.

1. Tio Chango

Tio Chango Registered Member

As the title says, this is my first post. I've been reading awhile, searching for specific info when needed, and I think this is a great forum. I'll be buying a membership soon.

Here's my issue: I'm putting 2.25 duals with cats on my 86 Jimmy, which has a mild 350 with headers. I'm not worried about passing emissions, I've got a freind who manages an inspection shop who tells me I'll be fine as long as I pass the sniff test.

I know from searching the boards that there are plenty of you that run a duals-with-cats setup, I just haven't seen many pics of this. So if you've got duals with cats, let me see some pics. I'd like to get an idea of what others have done before I start cutting and welding.

Thanks,
    Kevin

2. 86chevybanshee

86chevybanshee 1/2 ton status

heres mine, kinda crappy pics

exahust.JPG

exahust2.JPG

rearend.JPG

3. blkknight_5183

blkknight_5183 Registered Member

Right Now Im Running 2.25 Duals On My 84 Jimmy With A Modified 350 (heads, Intake, Cams, Etc.) With Glasspacks, But I Dumped The Glasspacks Under The Back Seat. Sounds Good But Not Good Enough. Next To Come Are 40 Series Flowmasters. ( I Dont Have Any Pics Though)

4. Tio Chango

Tio Chango Registered Member

Thanks, Banshee.

Anyone else?

5. MarcS

MarcS 1/2 ton status

Try to keep everything tuck up above the frame for protection. Should be easy with no Y-pipe. Just my .02