Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

First post

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Tire, Apr 20, 2007.

1. Tire

Tire Registered Member

Hi guys this is my first post here but I have been going through the forums and the site for months now. I bought a 79 Blazer from a guy for $600 it was in great shape except he had locked the engine. And taken it apart ( at least the top half). All the parts minus heads, carburator, and some misc. as im finding out were jammed inside the truck. I've worked on it for about 5 months now I'm in no hurry to finish I want it to look nice. I've nearly finished the engine after about $1800 in parts and machine work. But here's the problem the books i bought are about **** for detail. I need some pics of how the cruise control hooks up with some detail. My throttle cable bracket no isn't working for wome reason... that or im trying to put it on wrong. I dont even have a lever or bar or wire to go from carb to the vaccum thingy to work the cruise... I just need a picture of what it should look like I can get it there after that. I am running a 350 with holley intake and holley 670 truck avenger. thanks all

2. obijuan

obijuan 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

junk the criuse... are you seriosuly gonna use it? i have never. your throttle cable bracket isnt working? it bolts to the back of the block if i remember right, and comes over the intake a little bit. its beena while since ive worked on a 79 but theyre all the same.

3. 54inches

54inches 1/2 ton status

May I be the first to say welcome!

4. obijuan

obijuan 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

oh yeah, heh heh. welcome!