Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

first run of my blazer *pic added*

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain Region' started by moturbopar, Jun 4, 2005.

1. moturbopar

moturbopar 1/2 ton status

I finally was able to take my 79 blazer out today!! :grin: First offroading since I bought the thing in jan. Since I bought it I have been working on it, and finally have it most of the way done. Anyways we went out to box canyon/martinez today with my friend in his cherokee and my dad in his 70 blazer. I was very impressed with how much flex it has since I did the shackle reverse and the longer travel shocks! The front was flexing pretty well with 2.5 inch springs and short shock, it was flexing well enough to rip the chrome off the fenders :D was going to take i off anyway, and folded the lower part of the fender up, guess that answers my question about needing to trim with 33s and only a 2.5" lift. Had a couple minor problems tail lights went out, fuel line broke and one of my rear shock bolts fell out. other than that the blazer did very well. Now its time to start doing some more mods, hmm longer springs front and rear, and crossover steering.
    Just wanted to say thanks to you all.
    Later
    Shawn

BLAZE2.jpg

Last edited: Jun 5, 2005
  2. supersize75k5

supersize75k5 OrganDonorRacing.com

sweet, hey nice to see another shawn around here, sounds like your having fun with you blazer, there are quite a bit of us in the east vally, and always having some srenching fun.

if you ever need any help wrenching or rescueing the thing just speak up :thumb:

-shawn

3. moturbopar

Sounds good! After looking at pics of your blazer I should get you to come over and help me with some ideas for mine! these things are ALOT of FUN. Now back to work need some fender trimming.
    Later
    Shawn

4. FWP

FWP CRS

Great, 2 Shawn's, how do we tell you apart :D Just kidding :laugh:

5. supersize75k5

supersize75k5 OrganDonorRacing.com

he's not a fuel sucking 4x4 tainted maniac with no direction...."thats me"

:grin:

6. moturbopar

thats funny the only difference I see in what you posted over what I would have posted is that you added "4x4 tainted" to your post! :D :D :D