Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

First run with the new carb

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by sled_dog, Sep 25, 2003.

1. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I just put the new Edlebrock Thunder AVS Off Road carb on the blazer. I put it on, hooked it all up, cranked it for a bit while the bowl filled and it fired up. I let it warm up and set the idle speed and took it out for a drive. Instantly I noticed a seat of the pants increase in power over any carb I've had(had 3, Qjet, holley, and carter). I went down the road and came to a stop, I dropped the clutch and with the lincoln locker I went sideways through the turn. Grabbed a good bit of second and took off. My 2.73s and 32" tires usually create a good lag between 2nd and 3rd shift but with this that wasn't so noticeable. In all fairness I never had headers and Performer intake with the QJet but so far I like it /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif can't wait to get some off camber testing in, thats a while off though.

2. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

oh and it feels like I can adjust my secondaries to come on a lot sooner on the street and be fine.

3. RootBreaker

RootBreaker 3/4 ton status Premium Member

do you think it will be better than a holley truck avanger? im in a need for a carb.....

4. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I have no experience with that one but so far I'm pretty happy. Its manual choke so starting isn't the greatest but once shes going its nice.

5. supersize75

supersize75 1/2 ton status

I just bought the holly, tested it out this weekend and was inpressed so far, very high cool factor /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif