Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

First Summit purchase has gone awry...

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by pvfjr, Mar 3, 2005.

1. pvfjr

pvfjr 1/2 ton status

So how is Summit with their returns? I really don't want to spare any out of pocket expense because of this. It's bad enough that I'm losing time now. I wouldn't mind if it was just a cosmetic thing, but I think a dent that size would definitely effect performance.

[​IMG]

2. BigBen

BigBen 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I had some headers show up from summit without the hardware one time.

I called and told them about it. They immediately sent a new set of headers from their warehouse. They then set up a UPS pickup at my house for the old ones. I left the headers in the box on the front porch, UPS picked it up (Charged to Summit), and I had my exchange done in the matter of a few days.

I've returned several other things the standard way (shipping it back with the forms filled out) and never had a problem.

Good Luck!

3. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

I've never had a problem returning things to Summit either, just give them a call.

4. pvfjr

pvfjr 1/2 ton status

Thanks for the info guys. I feel a little better about it now.

5. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

that might be to clear the plug with a socket. if the dent in the tube is what your talking about. my old headers needed to be bend like that .

6. pvfjr

pvfjr 1/2 ton status

Are you sure? It looks more like a dent than a bend. But I don't know how it could have gotten dented like that either. Anyone else?

7. folkenheath

folkenheath Worthless Trash Premium Member GMOTM Winner

If you are talking about the dent in the #1 cylinder exhaust tube, that is supposed to be there, it is to clear the spark plug and plug wire boot. That is on purpose. :)

8. pvfjr

pvfjr 1/2 ton status

Huh, so that doesn't restrict the flow? Weird, I wish they would tell you it's supposed to be there. Being as only one primary out of the eight has it, it looks suspicious. Good thing I have you guys to keep me from jumping the gun on this return.:grin:

9. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

it may restrict it but its still better than manifolds and its meant to be there. Whenever I install headers that don't have that they usually need to have it put in. And its a lot better that it is there now rather than having to install then remove and dimple the header.

10. rubbinz raczn

rubbinz raczn 1/2 ton status

what he said!:D i sent a set of headers back once cause of that and guess what? got the new ones same dent! by the way summit has a great return policy/customer service that's why they are #1:waytogo:

11. gravdigr

gravdigr 1/2 ton status

My headers have the dent, it's ok

Summit CS is awesome. I had to return 2 separate items from the same order. And I didn't notice the second mistake until after I returned the first order. Both the mistakes were my fault ordering the wrong part. They paid the return and reshipped me the correct parts asap. Very top notch.