Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

First time offroad-pics!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by stockk5, Jan 9, 2005.

1. stockk5

stockk5 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Well its not much but a town close to mine has a huuge flood zone/low lying area next to the river, there is a motox track in the fields and so dirt roads to get out there flood like crazy in winter/spring. I went out there and tried my luck at some stuff. This was pretty fun, i didnt know how deep it was but it got a lil higher than my bumpers in the deep end w/ 4" lift and 33"s almost stalled out my truck somehow, i think water was jsut geting in my exhaust but i saved it and pulled out. I cant wait till spring until more mud is un-frozen! anyways here the pic my girlfriend took :D

[​IMG]

2. k5floyd

k5floyd 1/2 ton status

long as the engine is running water aint goin into your exhaust. might've got your distributor a tad wet. anyhow, looks cool, and im thinking youll be addicted now.

3. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Might want to check the diffs if you haven't relocated the breather tubes. Lesson learned the hard way. Nice pics. Looks like fun.

4. BURBicon

BURBicon Registered Member

Are you nutty?

Sure it LOOKS like fun! But what happens when u git stuck? Someone's gotta git out of the nice warm truck and start diggin' in that cold a$$ed wet miserable eFfing slurry of water/ice/mud. Oh well, I guess thats what girlfriends are for!

5. stockk5

stockk5 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Haha, then my gf gets to stand there , and my friend and i in the truck are stuck inside it unless we wanna walk in 2ft of freezing water, call up my bro and have h im come w/ our suburban and pull me out.. only 5mins from home so isnt to bad!

Few questions about the breathers, they are as high up as they can go, should i extend them? to where and how?

6. dcell152

dcell152 Registered Member

Yes you defenitly want to extend them! The higher the better. At least higher than the water you play in. My Nissan had the differntials, trans, and transfer case vented up under the hood. I never had a proublm with water. I dround the moter and still didnt have any water in the differntials.

Nice Pics